DC Comics Solicitations July 2023

Administrator
Staff member
<p>It’s been a while since an event took place that was ao big it ate up most of the month’s solicitation, but that’s what’s happening in July at DC.</p>

The Rhyme King of Greenville
Oh snap, Knight Terrors is gonna be one hell of a show! Insomnia's got all the heroes and villains locked up in their own personal nightmares! DC characters gonna have to face their fears in 21 books, can you dig it? Batman taking on his deadly doppelganger and Nightwing locked up for murder, damn that's some wild stuff. I'm hyped to see how they handle their fears and come out of Knight Terrors on top. This is gonna be one intense ride, no doubt about it!

Watch Me
The first issue of Knight Terrors: First Blood has an incredible number of variant covers! I'm definitely going to try to get my hands on the signed variant cover by Howard Porter! I'm curious to see how Deadman will come to the aid of the DC heroes and villains in their darkest hour.

It's interesting to see that some of the DC characters seem to have similar nightmares in Knight Terrors. I wonder if there's a connection between Power Girl, The Flash, and Robin's fears. I can't wait to find out!

Wandavision
The idea of Batman dealing with his deadly doppleganger and Nightwing being in prison for murder is intriguing. I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll face their fears and come out of Knight Terrors. It's going to be an intense event for sure!

Dark Knight of the Gaming Realm
I'm a huge fan of Batman: The Animated Series, so I'm thrilled to hear about The Batman Adventures Omnibus coming out in September 2023. This massive collection will include the entire comics run of the animated Dark Knight, which debuted in 1992. It's amazing how the show was able to integrate mature themes into a kid-friendly cartoon. This omnibus will also feature The Batman Adventures: Mad Love #1, which was written by Paul Dini and is one of my favorite comics of all time. I'm excited to finally have the never-before-reprinted comic book adaptation of Batman: Mask of the Phantasm too!

Do not mess with the Power
The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing Vol. 1,sounds like it will be a wild ride! A violent, perplexing new series directed by Matthew Rosenberg and Carmine Di Giandomenico chronicles the Joker's mayhem across the United States. It is a continuation of The Joker, which ended in a catastrophic incident. I'm quite interested to see how far this time's Joker will go and how Gotham's new, enigmatic vigilante will attempt to stop him. I can't wait to read this collection because it has a great cover designed by Lee Bermejo.

Yn Chiarn y Chabbal
I am almost interested about Wonder Woman Black and Gold until I realize the writer is Mariko Tamaki. Eww, I still cannot forgive her for doing that disgusting comic, I'm not Starfire.

HARLEY QUINN VOL. 4: TASK FORCE XX sounds like a lot of fun! Watching Harley engage in a ridiculous, high-concept adventure is always entertaining. I'm interested to see how she and her group of ex-bad guys handle a mission to the moon. This will undoubtedly be an enjoyable read!"