M&M's retires the spokescandies

Administrator
Staff member
<p>M&M’s had been a part of our childhood, We get to see them animated in the commercials. I remember when they started, it is just Red and Yellow and as years gone by they increase in numbers. I can compare the spokes candies to the Spice Girls, they have individualities and you pick your favorite. Well it is an end of an era because all of the spokes candies got retired by Mars-Wrigley, the company that owns the candy coated chocolates.</p>

Staff member
I was afraid someone was going to report this. DON'T FALL FOR IT. IT'S A STUNT.

They are doing this too close to the Super Bowl for it to be real. They are NOT, repeat, NOT retiring the M&M characters, THIS IS A GIMMICK. It's Baby Nut all over again!

Imagine you live in a world where the cost of living is going through the roof because rents are always going up and food taxes are very high. Even more so, it seems like everyone is going bananas for candy humanoid animations. I feel like we've landed in the most absurd timeline ever.

Wazzup!!!
Mascots shouldn't be taken away. There is too much distraction in our society today. They should talk to a counselor to figure out why they are so easily offended. It is none of our business if they find the mascots offensive, and the company shouldn't give in to their demands. The characters should be used by M&Ms for the time being.
My one and only wish would be for a business to say, "We don't care if you're offended. That's your own problem. Deal with it. We know you'll still buy our candy."

Oh the Misery
I didn't know what was going on at all; I was totally unaware. Who are these whiny people who don't have anything to worry about? At first I thought it was a joke, but now I'm just like "wtf." This sounds like something The Onion would write about. Participating in politics is, without a doubt, the most stupid thing a company can do today.

Go getter
So, Mars is saying that they won't use the characters if they can't be shown in a way that they think is right. How childish of you! Everyone who whines is an idiot. They won't get very far by having Maya act as a spokesperson. From my point of view, things are only getting worse. I don't see how this will help their company's reputation.

It's now controversial to market candy. Tension always comes from people, never from things. Wrigley's decision about Mars is sure to make things worse between communities that are already at odds. This is what they get for trying to fix things that aren't broken. They are also getting Maya ready to be used as an online punching bag by people with psychotic tendencies.

In this case, a business has made the dumbest, least useful, and worst choice possible. Everyone on the team of people who came up with this idea should be fired. In fact, what good has this done? Is this the best thing M&M has ever done for people? How is it that this is all anyone can talk about when kids in Africa go hungry and women in Iran fight for their rights?