Administrator
Staff member
2022 is still a young year but the first month is about to end. When I was a little kid I had seen old science fiction movies have hype for the year 2000. It is either a futuristic Utopia or a nightmarish Dystopia. 10 years ago people thought the world will end but it didn’t. Remember everyone’s high expectations for 2015 because of Back to the Future part II. What do people from the past thought our current year to be like?
How old movies thought what 2022 will be like?

Soylent Green

This 1973 film is set in a “future” which is now our present where humanity suffers from a food shortage. It because of over population and climate change. People are rationed with Green looking crackers called soylent green.  People are finally eased by the food shortage not knowing the food they eat is made of people.

The Purge

The Purge...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Fantasy
Soylent Green will become a reality if people do not care for the environment. If people believe false information, the purge will become a reality.

Ada Finally Waited!
2 years ago is 2020, that year is the setting of The Pacific Rim. We still don't have Jaegers walking around the streets.

6th Ranger
I am still upset about the real 2015. Back to the Future Part II really scammed me as a child. I was so full of hopes and high expectations.

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺
Can you guys imagine, We are two years after The Pacific rim first movie's timeline.

Last edited by a moderator:
2015 of Back to the Future 2 is more hi-tech than our 2022. Sad but true.