CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
They can't use the term 'olympic' or 'olympics' unless they pay ridiculpus ammount of money, but I wouldn't be surprised if TOEI makes the Sentai team of that year red, blue, black, green and yellow to match the Olympic Rings. Possibly with white as a sixth for the background of the olympic flag.

What I'm curious is if the influx of people and events will be disruptive to TOEI's shooting schedule. We might see more quarry sequences in fall 2020 :p

Raxbait: Hip
Probably in....2020?
I remember back in 2008 KR Kiva was off like....4-5 times (total) cause of Chinese Olympics instead of the usual 2-3 per year.

The 2012 Olympics really boosted the overall popularity of sports in Britain, especially outside of the typical things like football, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the same affect in Japan and TOEI taking advantage of that.

If the go for the same type of opening ceremony as Britain, which very much focused on the countries history and culture, I think tokusatsu would undoubtedly be a part of it. But everyone tries to do something much more unique than that, just look at how different 2012's was from China's. I get the feeling Japan will go for much more of a traditionally themed thing, with some emphasis on technological and modern advancements. Or they'll do something completely insane, who knows. A Hatsune Miku concert?

It depends if they are still making new shows by then. 2020 is still pretty far away from now. Toei could have Kamen Rider go on a break again like they did after 1989.

Hm, sports themed Sentai and Rider. Use them in the opening ceremony. :hmm:

The closet thing was Goggle V and its Rhythmical Gymnastics aresenal...sport-wise...I think Thailand did it first.:laugh:

As for Rider...

FRUIT SAMURAI...if they can sell this motif...they can sell anything.:laugh:

They can't use the term 'olympic' or 'olympics' unless they pay ridiculpus ammount of money, but I wouldn't be surprised if TOEI makes the Sentai team of that year red, blue, black, green and yellow to match the Olympic Rings. Possibly with white as a sixth for the background of the olympic flag.

What I'm curious is if the influx of people and events will be disruptive to TOEI's shooting schedule. We might see more quarry sequences in fall 2020 :p

Quarry and Hawaii wouldn't be much of a killer. I'd love it.