Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Why would you put dragon in your title twice if it was going to be a dinosaur themed show AGAIN?

Toei better have their top writers on this season if this show needs to be the new Jetman.

If anyone's confused & doesn't know yet... yeah. It's Dinosaur Knights. Dinosaurs again, using the same color scheme as Kyoryuger, just with dinos mixed up. Green is Sabertooth Tiger, though. Red is T-Rex again, but it's called Tyr-amigo, for some ungodly reason. Suits look good though.

there's currently so much in-fighting going on within Toei's toku production division that nobody has been able to drive through any serious changes. Supposedly, the bigwigs have told the production team that if Ryusouger doesn't claw it's way back to at least ToQger levels then they may not green-light another season afterwards.

You know what? If Sentai does get cancelled, I think Bandai ought to just shell a bit more money into PR for original footage, then take all the seasons of Sentai they have left & just make one, giant, ongoing story that uses everything and see how long they can go for. Send PR off with a nice little bang.

Pictures hosted on tokunation and ukiyaseed.

ryusouger-01_orig.jpg

The Ryusougers

So first up, yes, it's the Kyoryuger colour scheme and pink is the only girl. Red is a t-rex, blue is a triceratops, pink is an ankylosaurus, black is a stegosaurus and green is a sabre-toothed tiger. So pretty much a mash-up of the animals chosen for Kyoryuger and Zyuranger.

Ryusouger-Catalog-4.jpg
The collectables are called "Ryu Souls". They are little dinosaur heads that change into humanoid figures. When not in use they are stored in their "Ryusou Buckles", which can hold up to three Ryu Souls.

There will, of course, be other Ryu Souls aside from just the transformation ones.

Ryusouger-Catalog-2.jpg

To transform, the Ryu Souls are inserted into larger dinosaur head-like changers called "Ryusou Changers". When activated it will play the phrase "Ryusou Cool!" (because English language puns). Their standard weapons are the Ryusou Ken which is a gun that transforms into a sword. No sign of any individual weapons.

Ryusouger-Catalog-1.jpg
RyuSouger-Catalog-7.jpg

The individual mecha are called "Kishiryu". They have individual names: "Tyramigo" (red t-rex), "TriKen" (blue triceratops), "Ankyloze" (pink), "MilNeedle" (black stegosaurus) and "TigerLance" (green sabre-toothed tiger).

Tyramigo can change into a humanoid mech by itself, which will be called "KishiRyu-Oh".

KishiRyu-Oh then combines with blue and pink (like Kyoryuger did!) to form "KishiRyu-Oh Three Knights". Then it can further combine with either green or black (but not both at the same time) to form either "KishiRyu-Oh Tiger Lance" or "KishiRyu-Oh MilNeedle".

The connection ports themselves appear to be four stubby posts in a square arrangement, a bit like the top of a lego piece, and a corresponding square of four ports on the piece to be connected.
Why would you put dragon in your title twice if it was going to be a dinosaur themed show AGAIN?

Toei better have their top writers on this season if this show needs to be the new Jetman.
As I understand it, the Japanese word for dinosaur, "kyoryu", basically just means 'giant dragon'.

Clearly, they'll settle for repeating Kyoryuger's success.
You know what? If Sentai does get cancelled, I think Bandai ought to just shell a bit more money into PR for original footage, then take all the seasons of Sentai they have left & just make one, giant, ongoing story that uses everything and see how long they can go for. Send PR off with a nice little bang.
Why would Bandai invest money into a show owned by their competitor Hasbro?

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Why would Bandai invest money into a show owned by their competitor Hasbro?

Because I temporarily forgot who owns Power Rangers now. lol. I still think if it came down to it, they ought to give it a try.

Am I the only one kind of disappointed it's another dinosaur team? I was really interested in the idea of a team of dragons. instead it kind of looks like a remake of Kyoryuger.

Am I the only one kind of disappointed it's another dinosaur team? I was really interested in the idea of a team of dragons. instead it kind of looks like a remake of Kyoryuger.

No, pretty much everyone shares your sentiment.

R

raden238

Meh not really impressed with Ryusouger. Everybody was expecting a full-on Dragon Sentai team and once again we were trolled or just putting ourselves into a mindset of disappointment. Kyoryuger was in 2013, which would be 6 years once this show starts. To me that is not that long ago and the designs do feel very much like its inspired by it. I don't think dinosaurs will save the plummeting toy sales.

This might be the first sentai show that I skip. I have been religiously watching Super Sentai as it airs simultaneously in Japan since the second half of Goseiger in 2010 and never stopped since. But this might be the end of the streak.

D

Dr Kain

Except for Goseiger and ToQGer, which I just couldn't stand enough to continue past the initial episodes, I have been watching Sentai as it was airing since the middle of Abaranger.

I'll probably still give Ryusouger a chance in the hopes that this possible swan song ends up being good, but I'm going to have very low expectations.

As much as I would have liked to see a dragon team, I kinda see the logic behind it. If Bandai are cooling on the show now that they're not getting Power Ranger money, then Sentai needs a big seller to keep them around and dinosaurs have always sold well for them.

I've been watching weekly since Gokaiger began, and Kyoryuger was probably my favorite season to see as it came out (well, not including Akibaranger). Obviously having the same theme doesn't guarantee that they'll recapture the magic that made me enjoy that show, but I'm interested to see them try.
Kyoryuger was in 2013, which would be 6 years once this show starts. To me that is not that long ago and the designs do feel very much like its inspired by it. I don't think dinosaurs will save the plummeting toy sales.
A long time back I made a thread listing the sales data for every Sentai since Jetman began. Out of all the seasons from then onwards, Kyoryuger is the second highest selling season, Zyuranger is third, and Abaranger is fifth. Japanese kids really love their dinos. Korean kids too, if the commissioning of 'Dino Force Brave' tells us anything.

While I appreciate that Kyoryuger wasn't that long ago, six years still means that the core audience hadn't been born when it aired. It's new to them, even if it isn't to us.

Yeah, but I still wish it would've been a Dragon Themed one.

Dragon's are close enough to Dinosaurs that they can market it similarly.

And yeah, they should've at least waited a decade before recycling the Dinosaur Motif IMO.

A couple more scans:

Kishiryu-Sentai-Ryusouger.jpg
The better look confirms that pink has a skirt and also shows that the Ryusou Changer is wrist-mounted. There's also a full colour version of a Ryu Soul in the top left corner. Oh, and the series logo of course, complete with big dino head.

Here's a rough translation of the story text provided by Matt Hunt on twitter:

"In the distant past, fierce warriors known as the Ryusouger fought against the evil Druidon, who sought to use the powers of the dinosaurs. Riding upon their partner dinosaurs, the Kishiryu, and using the powers of the Ryu Souls, the war against the Druidon raged on and on...

In the present, Druidon beings to awaken, sensing the powers of the Kishiryu, and the curtain rises on a Super Sentai team the likes of which we've never seen before!!"

Ryusouger-RyuSouls.jpg
Ryosouger-Armor.jpg

A better quality, non-hacked-up, look at one of the previously seen pages. This time we can see that the little armed figures the Ryu Souls turn into translate into a power-up for the Ryusougers, giving them additional unique armour pieces.