2014 Sochi Winter Olympics -- Let's Talking!

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
With the games underway, Let's discuss the Winter Olympics here. Talk about some of our favorite athletes and teams in the various events, and such.

R

raden238

My favorite event is the speed skating. Short track and the team one. I remember the 2010 finals was pretty competitive and exciting. Korea and USA battling it out. Good times. Hopefully we get some more epic moments at this years games. Ice Hockey is pretty cool too.

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
Kind of disappointed that Mirai Nagasu got snubbed by Team USA. But hey...she's still got future opportunities.

That said...I'm keeping my eye out for that one dude representing the Philippines in Figure Skating. He's the only representative of my home country in these Winter Olympics, so I'm curious to see how far he'll get.

No infamous national anthem from Rocky IV aka the State Anthem of the USSR = not looking forward to all Winter Games. Just kidding. Let's see how this one goes.

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
So far...it's mostly Figure Skating events and Freestyle Skiing. Personally looking forward to Curling and Bobsled (Jamaica, We have a bobsled team!)

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
I don't remember seeing that guy. Closest I could think of is 19-year old Yuzuru Hanyu.

But he looks more like Mitsuzane than Junichi

R

raden238

Do any of you guys follow the short track speed staking? Fking Netherlands and Kazakhstan made it into the 5000m relay medal final!! An unlikely up set!! South Korea didn't even make it! They are sucking so much this year. I'm very disappointed the South Korean team this year. They are the heavy favorites, and on the men's side they might walk out empty handed. At least on the women's side they got a bronze. But damn, what a shocker. USA has been disappointing too.

Toku Prime

Woo Britain wins the womens' skeleton! We am de bestest at sliding down a tube on a tea tray!?! :thumbs:

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
Anybody else gonna, or have already watch(ed) the Jamaican Bobsled team? I'm not sure which channel it's on.

In other news...sad to see Plushenko go. He injured himself during the warm ups in Figure Skating

Milky Rose

is Mayor of Farmville
Finally...The Jamaican Bobsled team showed.

A Shame they were rather slow throughout, their lap times a terrible +3. Also didn't help that they hit the wall midway through.

R

raden238

I was cheering for the Jamaican Bobsled team. Sadly they didn't do well at all. They got like 30th or 28th place. Still a good effort from them. Also Yuna Kim didn't win Gold :(.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts