“Cassandra” ~ To Be Released February 2025

Mango Sorbet

What Am I made for?
“Cassandra” is a Netflix Limited Series, with 6 episodes, that will be released on February 6, 2025. “Your mother wanted a house with a soul.” Welcome to My House If you live in a smart home, people automatically assume that your life has been made easy because you’re living with the newest, the latest, the best state-of-the-art technology. Nobody even thinks about the word “old”. You’re living just like the “The Jetsons”, who lived in the futuristic city of Orbit City. Remember Rosie, the robot maid? She was friendly and courteous, prepared meals, did most of the household chores, and was practically accepted as a member of the family. Cassandra is also an electronic household helper, but she’s nothing like Rosie. In this series, a woman moves her family to a home in Cologne, Germany. It is about 50 years old, i.e. built in the 1970s, and it is Germany’s oldest smart home. WOW! It’s historic. An old smart home? They do exist! And the previous owners? Oh! They don’t exist. Not anymore. They died. How did they die? Uuhhh … mysteriously. Cassandra is a virtual assistant and should be a “neutral” assistant programmed to serve. There is no such […]
Read original article here:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The idea of a retro smart house with a menacing AI assistant seems interesting. It's a one-of-a-kind combination of nostalgia and contemporary technological anxieties. Cassandra's description as "eerie" and "manipulative" indicates that the character will be a compelling focal point of the series. Lavinia Wilson seemed to be the ideal candidate—her acting range will be essential in personifying an AI. I really like the combination of psychological thriller and sci-fi; it feels different from the typical haunted house themes. February cannot come soon enough!
 
LOL I thought I my favorite Mexican telenovela of the same title have a remake.... Just happen to have the same title.
 
I'm not totally persuaded on the concept of a "old smart home." It sounds like they're extending the concept to make it appear innovative, but wouldn't a 50-year-old smart home be more about antiquated technology flaws than a threatening AI? I hope the show does not rely solely on creepy aesthetics and Lavinia Wilson's performance to carry it. A compelling narrative and decent pacing will be required for this to work. Otherwise, it may feel like a rehash of standard "smart tech gone rogue" themes.
 
I love the idea of retrofuturism—melding the futuristic vibe of the ‘70s with modern AI. It’s rare to see a show address the concept of a smart home that’s considered “vintage.” Cassandra having wicked intentions makes it feel like an updated version of HAL 9000 but with a personal touch. I’m curious to see how the retro aesthetic is integrated into the series’ overall vibe.
 
I usually enjoy an intriguing thriller, and this one sounds wonderfully eerie! It's disturbing to consider that an AI would believe it owns the house, especially if you put yourself in those shoes. I hope the program strikes a mix between character growth and suspense because I want to sympathize with the family as they struggle with Cassandra. I can't wait to see Lavinia Wilson in her part, which already sounds legendary!
 
While the premise is interesting, I hope the series explores deeper themes beyond just “AI bad.” There’s a lot of potential to delve into topics like our dependence on technology, ethical programming, and even the psychological effects of living in a home designed to serve you. If “Cassandra” can balance thrills with thought-provoking commentary, it could be groundbreaking. Otherwise, it might just be another flashy thriller with no substance.
 
This is exactly the type of show I’ve been craving! The mix of psychological horror and science fiction is perfect for creating tension that keeps you hooked. The retro aesthetic is a bonus—it adds a layer of uniqueness to the setting. Lavinia Wilson’s performance as Cassandra sounds like a scene-stealer. I’m already picturing the hair-raising moments when the AI shows its “true colors.” This is going straight to my watchlist.
 
It’s interesting that this is set in Germany, where the concept of smart homes isn’t as prevalent as in the U.S. or Japan. I wonder if the cultural context will influence the story in any way. The retrofuturistic aesthetic is intriguing, too—it’s not a style often associated with Germany. I hope the show leans into these unique elements to stand out from the usual Hollywood-style thrillers.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top