Free League Announces Two New Open Game Licenses

Administrator
<p>Wizards of the Coast is still dealing with the fallout over their leaked plans to revoke the Open Game License, the legal agreement that has allowed third party companies to make 5E-compatible products for the last twenty or so years. Just about all those third parties refused to agree and started making plans to develop their own OGLs. Last week Wizards issued a half-apology that contained a few concessions but didn’t promise a full walkback. As of today they’re backpedaling even further, announcing they will preview any proposed changes with their audience before implementing it, and that the first of these previews will arrive within the week.</p>

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
I kind of prefer when they make their own RPG concepts over licensed ones because the licensed ones always ends up being copies of DND.

It's good they are planning to preview all the changes with the audience and that will put them at better footing as against their competitors.

Don't panic? When there might be a possible revision of the "year zero engine" which might result to some alteration of those RPG.

I kind of prefer when they make their own RPG concepts over licensed ones because the licensed ones always ends up being copies of DND.
Even for established series, creating one's own RPG release can be difficult due to the intense competition and labor required.