"Training."
Anyone?

I have watched Kuuga three times and still don't get it.

What was Kuuga's relation to Daguba and the Grogi?

Can anyone explain?

Iga? Anyone?

Yes, I can draw
I'm assuming you've seen Kuuga's symbol, right? Well, there was a Grongi symbol that looked like Kuuga's except it had 4 horns instead of two. This was Daguba's symbol, which meant the "Ultimate Darkness."

This concerned Ichijou and that pretty researcher friend of Godai, as the symbol began appearing more and more, written in the blood of dead Grongi, ones that didn't fight Godai. It was then discovered that the Rinto's Kuuga symbol was written over the original symbol - which was exactly the same, but with 4 HORNS.

So, basically, Kuuga and Daguba are essentially the same thing. Even Daguba's final appearance, resembles Kuuga's Ultimate Form. The problem was that remaining in Ultimate Form for two long meant that Godai was in danger of losing himself and his humanity to the evil power of that form. However, Godai's eyes remained red, if he was corrupted by the form's power, it would have been black eyes... which Ondenera Yuusuke's eyes were during that Epic Rider War dream in Decade...

Mr. Kamen Rider
About the symbols: The Kuuga version looks just like the regular Kuuga one, but with the two extra horns. This stands for "Fierce/Terrible Warrior", if I remember it correctly (and if my book here is accurate.) Note that Ultimate Form also has another symbol (seen on his hands.) Not sure what the story with that one was, other than like all the Rising forms and Amazing Mighty, he's now got logos on his hand armor too.

Daguba's version is the twisted one seen on his head. This one (except in white):

daguba.jpg

Of course, they still look alike, as Kuuga Ultimate Form and Daguba look alike, because the implication is they're similar as has been said above. They resemble each other, and are said to possess the same powers (which is represented with the fire thing and how evenly matched they are.) I don't think Daguba is necessarily some past Kuuga gone eeeeeeeeevil. But the idea is still that Kuuga, in achieving his most powerful state, is in danger of becoming no better than the thing he's been fighting against. It reminds me of that "He who fights monsters" quote, about becoming a monster yourself. Fortunately, Godai is just that good and it all works out in the end, mostly.

Super Moderator
Indeed. ..and I think Godai is that good because he's always making the effort to not lose hope. To not give in to hate, cynicism, despair or losing compassion for people.

It's not that he's immune to these things at all and I think the series shows that. But at a very young age he realized the importance of not giving into them and it's become a driving force through his entire life. That effort makes him who he is. That's the thumbs up. That's his smile.

If the whole thing about smiles in Kuuga is basically a metaphor for hope even in bad times then I think the implication with the Grongi is the danger of what humans can become when they can no longer find that smile within themselves and give in to hate to only find joy in the domination and death of others. In essence, they are no longer human. ..and in a way, no Grongi personify that more than the one whose sadistic joy in the fear he caused was enough to put Godai over the edge, the porcupine Grongi and Daguba himself.

Last edited:
yeah, I was thinking the same thing while watching Kuuga myself but I've come to a theory on it. now if my theory isn't accurate, anyone just tell me what they think.

basically, the kuuga belt is a grongi belt by the linto with grongi "technology" or whichever way you want to put it as, I'm going to call it technology just for the heck of it anyway. I think the grongi are born with their belts yet the kuuga belt is given, so hence it can and has been modified, it can evolve which it does to, so hence the more dire the situation, the higher the evolution and the closer it will become to daguba, which is the highest grongi. now I think the linto knew that the kuuga belt was basically a double-edged sword, they can defeat the grongi with it yet it could easily turn the person into what they were fighting against, which would be why they used a grongi symbol for the kuuga warrior, also since the highest the kuuga belt could be would be daguba in their opinions, they used the word daguba uses to describe him, yet without the extra horns, to symbolize he is still their warrior, the lintos warrior. the case of daguba and kuuga looking similar might be because they are at the pinnacle of grongi power, meaning that they are in a beast form without the beast, surpassing all others.

well, that's my theory atleast. not perfect but hey, I gace it a shot! I still think they didn't wrap up the show all that well. I love the show but they didn't wrap up all the loose ends all that well. does anyone know if that prologue for episode...47 I believe, was going to be an episode or not?

So Kuuga is Grongi and Agito is Linto and both betray their race and try defeat them to save humanity?

A simple passerby...
So Kuuga is Grongi and Agito is Linto and both betray their race and try defeat them to save humanity?

Err no... Kuuga is a Linto warrior who attained the Grongi-like power to transform. Grongi and Linto are tribal enemies. Well, Agito, is basically evolved Linto. Unknowns are Linto warriors with duties to kill off any Linto (meaning human) that evolves into Agito.