So according to Shougo over on twitter, executive producer Motoki Sasaki (who has worked on Sentai since Go-Onger) and secondary producer Ayumi Sugano, who are both from TV Asahi, have both left the show and Hiroatsu Shimagawa has been assigned to the show instead.

D

Dr Kain

Good riddance, but it's too late to fix this show. Maybe they will have some good writing next year.

Assuming there is a show next year, which I'm kind of hoping there isn't. Keep the franchise alive with movies and specials if need be, but the regular show is moribund at this point.

D

Dr Kain

Assuming there is a show next year, which I'm kind of hoping there isn't. Keep the franchise alive with movies and specials if need be, but the regular show is moribund at this point.

Oh please, there'll be a show next year. It doesn't matter how bad it does, Toei would never have the balls to end a show that has been airing non stop for 40+ years. Japan is a culture built on tradition regardless of how obsolete that tradition is in the modern age and Sentai is a tradition.

If the toy sales don't pick up and ratings keep floundering, Toei may pull the plug on the regular TV show at minimum. That's why everyone was taking about it and Toei making an issue about the slump months ago.

D

Dr Kain

If the toy sales don't pick up and ratings keep floundering, Toei may pull the plug on the regular TV show at minimum. That's why everyone was taking about it and Toei making an issue about the slump months ago.

I'll believe it when it happens. Right now, I feel like it's nothing but an empty threat (though, the show does need to go on a 6 year break and come back fresh in 2025).

Or it can just end. Forty years is a good run. Things don't need to last forever. Internet fans can grow up and move on.

D

Dr Kain

Again, I don't see them doing that as much as I would like them too. Sentai's peak was the 90s and everything after Timeranger has been on a downward slope with some upward hills here or there. In fact, the show pretty much dove off a cliff after Gokaiger and hasn't reached the bottom of the canyon yet.

Is there a reason why there's no YELLOW Ranger or barely any yellow (not counting gold, even though it's different shade of yellow) in this show?
At least in Kyoryuger, we got this "explanation"... even though it's appalling and insulting, but it exists nonetheless. lol XD
https://beatemupdaily.wordpress.com/...some-bullshit/
Even though Kyoryuger didn't have Yellow Ranger, at least the amount of yellow on suit, changer/morpher, mecha, utility, etc. somewhat makes up for it (even though, I'm not fan of their design).
Ryusoulger pretty much lacks any yellow on anything, resulting everything looks somewhat dull; not that it would make show better or worse.

D

Dr Kain

Seeing as how Ryusoulger is just trying to copy Kyoryuger's homework, why would they have a yellow ranger?