I read some post in facebook saying Build will be the last Heisei rider, cause Japan will get their new emperor. Maybe that is why Build get that half and half thing, added by that W sequel thing. I say it is another Decade style series, hope it will not be as cheesy as Decade. So far neo heisei do good job to connect any rider to their previous rider, that Pacman movie is good one.

To be specific, Build will be the last rider series with a full televised run in the Heisei era. The series after that will be the official final KR series of the Heisei era as it will premiere sometime before the transition of emperors, similar to how Black RX is still classified as a Showa era series despite the previous emperor passing away sometime after that series premiered. Because of that, I believe next year's KR series will be the second Decade where the lead rider has the powers of Double-Build.

Last edited:
R

raden238

Build is officially the last Phase 2 Rider series from the Heisei Era eh? I'm predicting a design similar to W. Half and Half powers combined. I do not see this show being another Decade "using past Rider powers" show. Technically every Rider since Gaim has used the previous Heisei Rider powers in some way. Mostly being a form change of that previous Rider. So the effect wouldn't be the same as Decade's.

Does anybody else notice that this Rider belt has a axle rod on it? Fisherman or Construction type Rider?

Build is officially the last Phase 2 Rider series from the Heisei Era eh?
I'm not sure about "official". After all, phase two is just a fan term.

The production crew that was assembled to work on Kamen Rider Kuuga stayed largely the same until the end of Kiva. Then Toei decided to create a new crew to work on the shows from Decade onwards. Japanese fans started referring to the series made by this new crew as "phase two Heisei". However Western fans seem to prefer things to be in round numbers, so they tend to push Decade back into "phase one" and start phase two with W.

Build is the 19th Heisei series (not including Amazons). We'll have to wait and see whether fans will prefer to round up "phase two" to include the series after Build for even groups of 10 shows.
Does anybody else notice that this Rider belt has a axle rod on it? Fisherman or Construction type Rider?
As he's called Build I'm thinking perhaps it's some kind of winch?
They're announcing W's sequel (most likely in V-Cinema).
Bit of an odd timing, since it's not 10th anniversary yet (W aired in 2009).
Hopefully, we could FINALLY get to see Kamen Rider Cyclone (Phillip) in action; he only appeared in novel and video game.
Sadly the rumours are that this is not any kind of new show, movie or special but something non film-based. :(

Last edited:
W is apparently getting a Full Bottle Set in the Build Toys.

W connection confirmed?

My best guess is this is some kind of cross promotion for the Kamen Rider W spin-off that was announced last month. Outside of team-up movies/specials, I don't think Double will have any involvement with Build's series at all.

Micchy Did Nothing Wrong
1500011824363.jpg

Edit: With apologies to Kamen Rider Biblio. My browser didn't show your image so it just seemed as if you'd made a blank post. Sorry if I stole your picture-based thunder. :(

Aaand so it begins!

DEr0HDSXgAAGC3h.jpg
The official poster contains a full body shot of Build along with some peaks of the helmets of some additional forms (I can't read Japanese so I've no idea what their labels read as). The belt doesn't seem so massive here, thought it does have that crank on the side.

kamen-rider-build-first-look_orig.jpg

On the left side is Kamen Rider Build's main mode (the same as in the first image), 'RabbitTank Form'. Yes really. Rabbit Tank.

Haters of noisy belts, get ready to complain. Apparently the phrase that plays upon transformation will be "Using Two Bottles, Find the Best Match! Are You Ready? Moonsault of Steel! Rabbit Tank! Yeah!"

On the right are the first two alternate forms we'll see in the series. The top one is 'RabbitCleaner Form' and the lower one is 'HedgehogTank Form'. So if nothing else, it looks as if the left hand side of the body is always announced before the right?

DEro3BOXcAA9ra4.jpg

An example of some chibi figures that indicates how the toys mode change, and gives us some alternate views of these combos. From left to right, we have RabbitTank, GorillaDiamond, HedgehogTank, RabbitCleaning and HawkGatling.

20046525-10154973931198983-5631451259575510867-n.jpg

The image on the left is apparently a villain called NightRogue, and on the right is a secondary Rider called Kamen Rider Clothes. Or possibly Kamen Rider Close. The Japanese language doesn't really have a "th" sound so most of the time an "s" is substituted when trying to pronounce (usually foreign) words containing it.

Last edited:
Echoing what I've said elsewhere, those suits are a thing of beauty. It's like double mixed with paradox mixed with an Egyptian mummy. It looks like the focused on making a good suit first, and THEN implementing the motif, rather than forcing it in like they did on some previous riders.

I'm really hoping he mixes Gatling and hedgehog at some point. That design would look great in white and silver.

R

raden238

Build looks like so much like W. The form changes could easily come off as real forms for W. So instead of the half-changes W had, Build is limp swapping. Don't exact know how a human being can do that, but if Accel can transform into a motorcycle, I'll buy it!

Close and Night Rouge bear an uncanny resemblance to Kiva, again they could be form changes for Kiva. I'm impressed with the suit designs. It seems like Toei finally went back to basics and cam up with a sleek cleaner design more reminisced of the older shows, even though they will always throw in the toy gimmicks now. It just feels less cluttered compared to Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid designs. Although the Build Driver looks like a clusterfk with that big crank on it.

Well I'm one of the noisy belt haters, so I won't get a reprieve there. But these suits definitely make up for the eyesores of the Ex-Aid Riders. If only the names inspired more confidence. Cleaning??

If this Rider ended up being a Showa-style cyborg or Riderman redux, it would go well with this building motif.