Why does it look like a Super Nintendo game controller on his chest?

That was the point.

In this age of violence on the news every week we need something a little bonkers to get our minds off it.

Who better to provide amazeballs shows than Japan?

We need more Den-O level hijinks in the world at this time

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
That is not a kamen rider..
I don't give a **** even if it's bandai/toei said "it's our new kamen rider folks"

This way too far actually
At least gaim had a bug-like mouth piece, and a semi compound eyes
And ghost, and drive..even fourze!!!!

But this??
Let alone, decreasing an obnoxious gimmick, they don't even make a typical rider setting in the suit!
Spike hair as a front head?
Cartoony eyes as opposed to abstract eyes ?
The overall suit screams other hero than ever..

If this is still ongoing till a decade or something, imagine what would kamen rider be like in the future??
No wonder ichigo kinda hates heisei rider, even if for the absolute different reason lol

I don't give a **** even if it's bandai/toei said "it's our new kamen rider folks"

You don't own the license, they do so if they say "it's our new Kamen Rider folks" it IS. THEIR. NEW. KAMEN. RIDER. They can do whatever the hell they want with the license.

Now, it is up to you to watch it or not. I just think is kinda silly to judge a show from it's toy catalog.

imagine what would kamen rider be like in the future??

A japanese kids show, like it's always been.

R

raden238

This way too far actually
At least gaim had a bug-like mouth piece, and a semi compound eyes
And ghost, and drive..even fourze!!!!

But this??
Let alone, decreasing an obnoxious gimmick, they don't even make a typical rider setting in the suit!
Spike hair as a front head?
Cartoony eyes as opposed to abstract eyes ?
The overall suit screams other hero than ever..

If this is still ongoing till a decade or something, imagine what would kamen rider be like in the future??
No wonder ichigo kinda hates heisei rider, even if for the absolute different reason lol

Yeah Ex-Aid does not capture the spirit of Kamen Rider. I like the concept and the suit designs aren't bad. But when you judge them as Riders, they are terrible. Gaim was pretty wild in terms of design but many of the Riders had the classic bug mouth and compound eyes. None of these guys have that trait. It could easily be a completely different Toku series had it not been for the belt which looks like the Fourze Driver 2.0.

This can't be real. You mean that WASN'T AN AKIBARANGER PHOTOSHOPPED?

You know what, I think I'm done with Kamen Rider at this point. At least for the main series. I'll check out Amazons when it comes to the US, but that is it. That is hands down the worst looking Kamen Rider designs ever. Why does it look like a Super Nintendo game controller on his chest?

I just... I just can't. Suddenly Ghost and Drive don't look so stupid. They should just call this Kamen Rider 4Kids, because the show is now as dumb as Sentai. It looks like Majin Boo cosplaying as an Akibaranger. It looks like the 90s just threw up on a Kamen Rider and forgot to clean itself up. Next thing we know, he will be fighting the villiaonous Eco-Warriors who are trying to pollute the planet.

Never had a problem with the default forms of Drive and Ghost. They were always good. I just can't see Ex-Aid standing alongside all the other Main Riders, he doesn't fit in. Hibiki and Gaim was different but they blended in, Ex-Aid's design is just doesn't remind me of Rider.

I like the idea of the forms changes being level-ups, but these designs took all inspiration from outside of Kamen Rider. Hopefully the show is good. Ryuki/Gaim Rider War part 3.

Mad Skillz
Looking at Ex-Aid, it kind of does fit the Kamen Rider mold though. Sure, the helmet is radically different, but everything else is there. Unique belt on the suit? Check. Chest armor? Check. Shin and knee pads? Check.

It's missing bug eyes and the crusher jaw, but that's about it. Everything else that is a traditional staple of a Kamen Rider is in one way or another part of the suit.

Also, it's totally fine to experiment every now and then. Kamen Rider has basically become Toei and Bandai's sandpit because they know they can experiment and sales probably won't be damaged too much. (and as sales do decline, it's a good idea to try something different)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
You know everything here is great including the design and toyline EXCEPT EX-AID, I mean Brave and Snipe look great someone just swap one of them as the main Rider instead...

It's missing bug eyes and the crusher jaw, but that's about it. Everything else that is a traditional staple of a Kamen Rider is in one way or another part of the suit.

The bug eyes are there, it's just the white "pupils" make it look more like a cartoon face. Remove those and the bug features would be a bit more plain.

That was the point.

In this age of violence on the news every week we need something a little bonkers to get our minds off it.

Who better to provide amazeballs shows than Japan?

We need more Den-O level hijinks in the world at this time

That's what Ohranger attempted to do after the Aum Shinrikyo attack. I'm starting to wonder if that was actually a mistake. Toei could have taken the opportunity then to keep Ohranger as it was originally intended but graft onto it a recurring message of hope over adversity. That even though things look grim, you still keep on living and fight on for a brighter day.

If Ex-Aid is supposed to be what you're claiming, that would be a real waste. It's not like Rider isn't already down the rabbit hole of wacky hijinks and gadgets lacking even the slightest amount of subtlety. Even Gaim wasn't immune to that. A show that inspires and encourages is better than a show that simply shields from reality in the name of "having fun".

If Ex-Aid is supposed to be what you're claiming, that would be a real waste. It's not like Rider isn't already down the rabbit hole of wacky hijinks and gadgets lacking even the slightest amount of subtlety. Even Gaim wasn't immune to that. A show that inspires and encourages is better than a show that simply shields from reality in the name of "having fun".

Agreed. You don't make bad events go away by throwing jokes and gimmicks at the screen. A message of hope against adversity would be much more in keeping with rider's overall theme. That's kinda the type of thing I'm hoping for here, since multi-rider shows as a whole seem to have a more grim backdrop to them. Even when Kabuto was being wacky, you knew the stakes were high, and that any of the rider could potentially die by the end of the series.