Could just be a coincidence? It could just be modeled after a gun turret, mobile or otherwise. There are some gun turrets that probably look similar to Daleks.

*voices ringing in head, shouting "EXTERMINATE!

Huh, now that you mentioned it, it does look like a Dalek. Probably coincidence though. Was Doctor Who popular in Japan back then?

Well, I've seen Region 2 Japan releases of Doctor Who DVDs on Amazon co jp (seemingly the same as the releases we get stateside, just with Japanese packaging and subtitles), so I would assume there's an audience for them.

This could bear looking into. Both Linkara and myself noticed that Gokai Green is a lot like Colin Baker as well.

On other notes I'm not quite sure I understand the Baranoia. They say they hate feelings like Love, but they're capable of having such feelings... but they're machines. Can't they just... program those feelings out? Also if they hate love, how do they marry and have children? Why would you make a fat robot? What was that deal with that one episode (I think it was either ep2 or 3) where all the Bara-Soldiers saw the Ohrangers pose and then looked down at their own crotch regions then slapped their legs together? Are the Baranoia just glitchy?

In Megaranger the villain's spaceship sounds like the Tardis. The BBC has sold sound effects libraries to other production companies at various points so I guess Toei bought one of them.

On other notes I'm not quite sure I understand the Baranoia. They say they hate feelings like Love, but they're capable of having such feelings... but they're machines. Can't they just... program those feelings out?

I think it's just chauvinism. They hate such emotions when they come from the "dumb masses" but cherish them amongst themselves.

Why would you make a fat robot?

Well, it wasn't like Bacchus was meant to be an evil combat robot. He just became that way. Actually, all or most of Baranoia's designs come off as "innocent-looking stuff that are really sinister", like any number of horror movies have done. Granted, some people think the designs are lame (I think most of them are ok); Spielban did the creepy robot thing better anyway, partly because most of them didn't talk and just made guttural noises.

What was that deal with that one episode (I think it was either ep2 or 3) where all the Bara-Soldiers saw the Ohrangers pose and then looked down at their own crotch regions then slapped their legs together? Are the Baranoia just glitchy?

I'd ask why they move like monkeys and roar like dragons.

I'd ask why they move like monkeys and roar like dragons.
Aren't they (like the lower-ranking MotW) all meant to be "machine beasts"? So they act like animals. I always thought it was an elephant's roar though (like the noise a TIE Fighter makes lol).

Clearly, animal-animals were not perfect enough! Now ROBOTIC animals, those are perfect!

.... and that line of thought makes me wonder if Baranoia's home planet was the setting for the Mega Man games.

Heroes are forever
t9i1ww.png