Kamen Rider 2015-2016 New/Rumours Thread : Kamen Rider Ghost

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Yeah, the reason we had the two-Rider format for so many years in a row was that Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze all did well with it. Given that the last few shows have had more than two, it really does seem like two is the optimum number ... sure does get boring every year, though

Are you honestly suggesting that kids not wanting to watch a series with just one Kamen Rider means the entire tokusatsu genre is doomed?

That's right if they are not interested in the old ways and not interested in the current situation most tokusatu series did today by just collecting toy collectibles rather than watching or hearing stories like the olden days of Kamishibai then this genre is doomed like the us daytime soaps (which i am not interested but i felt sorry for the long time viewers who watch the show)

Further to the stuff posted by TaintedSeraph, according to this: http://akkinews.net/archives/108919 Ghost will actually appear in Drive in late September (meaning just 1-2 crossover eps) but there will be some kind of "special video" on September 1st. So, Drive itself should have 48 eps in total, with the last one or two a separate story similar to Wizard's which will introduce Ghost

A special video on September 1st probably just a "epilogue"video thing most sentai series do when the show ends starting with goseiger.

The secondary Riders have been doing pretty badly lately in merchandising though. Drive just had the lowest 2nd quarter numbers since Kiva, and both Wizard and Gaim saw big drops in their second quarters too. So, at least toy-wise, replacing the usual 2nd Rider with something else seems possible.

Although I guess they'd be more likely go to a format closer to Gaim's 1st quarter,with various Riders using a single belt(and that might be happening with Specter here), but this time without introducing a 2nd belt for later Riders.

Exactly so i think a single rider show would do rather than a multi rider show would because secondary riders and multi riders are too repetitive so back to single rider show format would do nicely for once and by the way to make a secondary rider popular he should have no mouthpiece just like rider man and instead of secondary rider be "kamen rider" let him be named riderman

Taking a blind risk like that is EXACTLY what got Rider cancelled after RX. Do you have any idea how bad a state Rider is in already (rateings-wise and profit-wise)? It would only take one or two really bad years for Rider to be cancelled again, and a blind risk is the LAST thing Toei needs right now (shows like Go-Busters are proof of that).
Well if kids don't like kamen rider and sentai shows then i think that bandai and toei should make a new modern superhero franchise that will make kids and market their toys.

Like I said, it's not that simple. Be reasonable here. You're fantasizing about the impossible.
And impossible i can make it real if i have the power.

To be fair, nothing is confirmed (we don't even know if that listing is real or not).

true.

Well, you don't. And even if you could, your complete lack of basic understanding of the business side of Rider is exactly why you never will. If you did (ditching all the toy tie-ins and all that), Rider wouldn't last a year. It's fine to fantasize about this stuff (in a perfect world, I'd be all for a single-rider show), but you have to understand that it's NEVER going to happen.

Actually the toy tie ins should stay but not to overcrowd the show a bit and i am sure a single rider show will make it happen someday.,

To be fair, that's more a fault of bad writing and the like more than the idea itself. OOO did really well, and that show had the secondary format. I do like the idea of re-creating Gaim's first quarter, though (it seemed to be the best of several worlds).

Maybe they should have good writers and to more time making a good plot to make good episodes and just to be safe 20 episodes a asrc then give give a break for maybe 3 or 4 weeks so that the writer will have enough time to make good writing and good story for the next arc

Yeah, the reason we had the two-Rider format for so many years in a row was that Den-O, W, OOO, Fourze all did well with it. Given that the last few shows have had more than two, it really does seem like two is the optimum number ... sure does get boring every year, though

Exactly so it's best that for a latest kamen rider season one rider only just once.

Taking a blind risk like that is EXACTLY what got Rider cancelled after RX. Do you have any idea how bad a state Rider is in already (rateings-wise and profit-wise)? It would only take one or two really bad years for Rider to be cancelled again, and a blind risk is the LAST thing Toei needs right now (shows like Go-Busters are proof of that).
Well if kids don't like kamen rider and sentai shows then i think that bandai and toei should make a new modern superhero franchise that will make kids and market their toys.

Like I said, it's not that simple. Be reasonable here. You're fantasizing about the impossible.

To be fair, nothing is confirmed (we don't even know if that listing is real or not).

true.

Well, you don't. And even if you could, your complete lack of basic understanding of the business side of Rider is exactly why you never will. If you did (ditching all the toy tie-ins and all that), Rider wouldn't last a year. It's fine to fantasize about this stuff (in a perfect world, I'd be all for a single-rider show), but you have to understand that it's NEVER going to happen.

Actually the toy tie ins should stay but not to overcrowd the show a bit and i am sure a single rider show will make it happen someday.,

To be fair, that's more a fault of bad writing and the like more than the idea itself. OOO did really well, and that show had the secondary format. I do like the idea of re-creating Gaim's first quarter, though (it seemed to be the best of several worlds).

Maybe they should have good writers and to more time making a good plot to make good episodes and just to be safe 20 episodes a asrc then give give a break for maybe 3 or 4 weeks so that the writer will have enough time to make good writing and good story for the next arc

MV Maker
That's right if they are not interested in the old ways and not interested in the current situation most tokusatu series did today by just collecting toy collectibles rather than watching or hearing stories like the olden days of Kamishibai then this genre is doomed like the us daytime soaps (which i am not interested but i felt sorry for the long time viewers who watch the show)

You're delusional.

Exactly so i think a single rider show would do rather than a multi rider show would because secondary riders and multi riders are too repetitive so back to single rider show format would do nicely for once and by the way to make a secondary rider popular he should have no mouthpiece just like rider man and instead of secondary rider be "kamen rider" let him be named riderman

Um, have you even watched Showa Rider? If you think Rider is too repetitive now, you have no idea how good you have it. Showa rider CONSTANTLY had problems staying fresh and interesting, that's why it got cancelled so often. Face it, bringing in an additional rider midway through is crucial to keeping things interesting (again, even the 40-year-old V3 had to do that). Kuuga only made it 50 episodes because it was so unique and different at the time (and had "special events" like Godai temporarily dying).
I'm also certain that if you somehow got your wish, you'd start complaining that rider is either getting too repetitive with the new format or that it's still too merchandise-driven.
Try living in the present and appriciating what's right in front of you for once. It's nice.

Exactly so it's best that for a latest kamen rider season one rider only just once.

Now THAT I can pretty much agree with. If Toei could try it as a one-time thing (maybe as a movie or mini-series, like Ultraman has been doing), it might work. But your insistence that it's the only way is not only foolish, but dangerous.

MV Maker

Oh, absolutely. Problem is, Rider is more profitable, and it would be VERY hard to get a new time slot like that. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way things are.

Ugh, but you don't and never will, so it's pointless to argue like that.

Sure, you say that now...

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure that would be enough. Plus, Japanese television really doesn't allow for wiggle room like that.

You're delusional.

You may call it delusional but i call it a 'imagination for a better future' and thinking about it in a different world.

Um, have you even watched Showa Rider? If you think Rider is too repetitive now, you have no idea how good you have it. Showa rider CONSTANTLY had problems staying fresh and interesting, that's why it got cancelled so often. Face it, bringing in an additional rider midway through is crucial to keeping things interesting (again, even the 40-year-old V3 had to do that). Kuuga only made it 50 episodes because it was so unique and different at the time (and had "special events" like Godai temporarily dying).
I'm also certain that if you somehow got your wish, you'd start complaining that rider is either getting too repetitive with the new format or that it's still too merchandise-driven.
Try living in the present and appriciating what's right in front of you for once. It's nice.

That is true since the rider franchise got old back then, it end with stronger but then revived again as new kamen rider (sky rider) and ended with super-1 then revived again with black and end with rx then revieved again as a movie series with zo and end with J (and kamen rider world) then it once again returned with kuuga and it kept on going without ending even since ,it seems that despite the repetitive formula every year the KR franchise will never die since its popular to japan .

Now THAT I can pretty much agree with. If Toei could try it as a one-time thing (maybe as a movie or mini-series, like Ultraman has been doing), it might work. But your insistence that it's the only way is not only foolish, but dangerous.

That's right so just this once let us hope that toei and bandai will make a single rider show for one season only.

They did that with Gaim when Urobuchi got brought in(he wrote quite a tight story separated into arcs for the entire run), which was very different from the usual Rider writing process(this got mentioned somewhere). It was also mentioned that he had to rewrite to accommodate the tie-in episodes and he ended the story at 46 because the exact number of episodes was yet to be determined at that time.
It was quite popular with the older fanbase.(proof is the existence of the gaidens)

I wonder if the ghost icons will be companions like Den-o/Kiva or just devices...
Seems a bit like yet another take on the youkai watch boom.

Oh, absolutely. Problem is, Rider is more profitable, and it would be VERY hard to get a new time slot like that. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way things are.
Well maybe toei and bandai should have also aired kamen rider and sentai also on the internet just look what happened to ultraman.Also i still think airing on saturday evening slot will be nice besides msot kids don't have time watching shows on sunday they should something on saturday evening instead back in the showa days.

Ugh, but you don't and never will, so it's pointless to argue like that.

True but i have a feeling i can make impossible happen someday if i have the power.

Not a bad idea, but I'm not sure that would be enough. Plus, Japanese television really doesn't allow for wiggle room like that.

Maybe they should try to adjust with for a while in the near future (if that happens)

They did that with Gaim when Urobuchi got brought in(he wrote quite a tight story separated into arcs for the entire run), which was very different from the usual Rider writing process(this got mentioned somewhere).
It was quite popular with the older fanbase.
That is true since the series got popular despite that it has the usual urobuchi dark tone technique like the other stories he created.

I wonder if the ghost icons will be companions like Den-o/Kiva or just devices...
Seems a bit like yet another take on the youkai watch boom.

I have a feeling companions would since the title says ghosts and ghosts are "spirits" so maybe it will be another take on the youkai watch boom

MV Maker
^
*sigh* I'm done trying to reason with you. I don't know what your deal is, but clearly you're not listening and I'm not going to convince you to see the bigger picture. Besides, this is the exact wrong thread for this kind of talk (Ghost details just came out, we should be celebrating, not bickering).

^

True but sometimes i can talk about the current conditions of toei tokusatsu productions eventhough we focus on talking about the latest kamen rider series called ghost.Still i hope that the proper condition for the tokusatsu productions will happen in the future someday.