^ To be fair, the mecha battles with Shinobi or Rodeomaru have been really good.

D

Dr Kain

But they have been pointless. Like the episode where the lips girl Youkai. It's like the writer's had no idea what to do with half of their cast, so they put them into a long drawn out mech battle. Then there was one episode where they had the opportunity to develop Shinobimaru as a character (the one with the depression monster), but chose to only use that moment of him feeling left out as a gimmick instead of a plot point.

Man, why do I keep watching this show? It is clearly not going to get better. Maybe it is because I have always watched at least one Toku show during the year, and since I dropped Drive about 10 episodes ago, I feel like I need to watch Ninninger.

R

raden238

You dropped Drive 10 episodes ago? Now its getting to the good part.

^ Drive practically became a completely different show once Shin's identity was revealed to the public. And while on the one hand it's good (it's more interesting now), it brought up issues out of nowhere that are suddenly important, like Shin's father.

D

Dr Kain

You dropped Drive 10 episodes ago? Now its getting to the good part.

Yeah, the show is boring and makes Wizard and Decade look like a well written shows. I finally just got tired of seeing the same repetition over and over again each episode. I gave it more than 7 hours to impress me and it failed, that was more than I should have given it.

Lurker
Yeah, the show is boring and makes Wizard and Decade look like a well written shows. I finally just got tired of seeing the same repetition over and over again each episode. I gave it more than 7 hours to impress me and it failed, that was more than I should have given it.

Watch again from ep 26 and you might change your mind

Man, why do I keep watching this show? It is clearly not going to get better. Maybe it is because I have always watched at least one Toku show during the year, and since I dropped Drive about 10 episodes ago, I feel like I need to watch Ninninger.

Hey, you lasted longer than ToQger (IIRC, you dropped around episode 5).
What a shock! :O_O:
You sure like to drop-out on toku recently eh?

Personally, I rather watch Drive over Ninninger any day.
At least their trying and kept me entertaining (suck on that Shimoyama!).

Lurker
Maybe it'll get good soon, maybe it'll be like Wizard where it the last ten episodes is where it got good, or maybe it'll be lukewarm for the rest of the season.

Drive definitely got better round the 22nd episode mark, same with Toqger (maybe even a little later than that), which is why I'm hesitant to drop Ninninger. I can see parts that can be good if they explore/dive deeper into those parts and in some aspects, the show is improving. The fact that the last two recent toku shows got better around the halfway point (more or less) makes me want to wait it out but it's also a double-edge sword because I never finished Toqger and I only heard from friends that it got better. I remember when the Toku Ten was a decent measure of whether to drop a show or not.

Remember when Blade's first 15 episodes was considered the exception? Now when people ask me about Drive, I have to tell them that it gets better when the midseason upgrade appears or when X mecha/powerup appears for Ninninger.

D

Dr Kain

The last 10 episodes of Wizard is what completely ruined the show. They were horrible and the worst last act of a series since Kabuto.

As for Blade, I still don't see what everyone means by the first half is boring. I have watched the show in full 19 times and have never found anything outside of that 2 Hajimes two parter to be bad.

Hey, you lasted longer than ToQger (IIRC, you dropped around episode 5).
What a shock! :O_O:
You sure like to drop-out on toku recently eh?

Personally, I rather watch Drive over Ninninger any day.
At least their trying and kept me entertaining (suck on that Shimoyama!).

I've got so much going on right now that I just don't have time to watch every series I am not enjoying anymore. I've done that enough with 50 episode shows. I sat through all of Wizard and Go-Buster and the payoff was not worth it. I loved Gaim, didn't mind Kyoryuger, but ToQ was a nope. I even tried to give the show a second chance a few month's ago since I wouldn't have to wait a week between each episode and I only made it to 8 before giving up. I just can't. Nothing in that show interests me in the slightest.

I think what keeps me interested in Ninninger are the Youkai. However, if you guys really think Drive has gotten better, I'll try to find time to watch it on my own (usually I watch the currently airing shows with my g/f and friends).

Lurker
Maybe it wasn't the last ten, but I do remember some point in the later half, I was thinking Wizard is getting good... then again, I really wanted Nitoh to replace Haruto as the main character because he was actually doing stuff to advance the plot.