I liked him when he wasn't a god
You know who else thinks they're Nossan? Guys who are just like Nossan.

Who get told by the show they deserve a hot, dumb as bricks idol girl just for existing, whereas Nossan's female counterpart will never be told she's lovable just the way she is ...

I can't help feeling that a lot of unnecessary fanservice would have been avoided if not for the combination of Sakamoto and Sanjo (although we can thank Sakamoto for Yayoi becoming a Ranger)

Last edited:
If your 30+ and never had a girlfriend...stop being like Nossan...

Some people have different priorities than the average person. Just like Nossan does. I don't know when that started to be a bad thing.

Who get told by the show they deserve a hot, dumb as bricks idol girl just for existing, whereas Nossan's female counterpart will never be told she's lovable just the way she is ...

No, they're told that there's someone out there who can appreciate the same things he does, and who he can make a better person. That's the reason Nossan went after her, not her disguised looks. He already saw her disguised looks before and he didn't bother doing a thing.

... whereas Nossan's female counterpart will never be told she's lovable just the way she is ...

Where is this Nossan's female counterpart you speak of? Heck, Last I remember you were dissing Yayoi for being a creepy stalker girl. It's always the worst extremes that you see in people.

Last edited:
Who says Nossan's NEVER had a girlfriend? Utchy on the other hand ...

Theoretically if Candelira is as old as Dogold it's hard to believe she never murdered anyone.

That's true. She could have been played as evil if the show wanted to do it, and so could Luckyuro (remember the "baby" Debo Monster from that episode with Utchy?)

No, they're told that there's someone out there who can appreciate the same things he does, and who he can make a better person. That's the reason Nossan went after her, not her disguised looks. He already saw her disguised looks before and he didn't bother doing a thing.

You buy into this ridiculous true love stuff too much ...

Where is this Nossan's female counterpart you speak of? Heck, Last I remember you were dissing Yayoi for being a creepy stalker girl. It's always the worst extremes that you see in people.

I meant that Sentai would never write a female Ranger like Nossan. Part of the show's bread and butter is selling them as idols, and a lady Nossan ain't gonna cut it

We should probably take this to PM to avoid taking the thread any further off track (hey there Tokkyuger!) Although with two more episodes left to go is there really going to be much news of anything?

Last edited:
You buy into this ridiculous true love stuff too much ...

There's nothing ridiculous about two people with real feelings for each other. Maybe it's a culture thing, or maybe First World countries are a little jaded when it comes to romance. However, I'm in a country where a lot of these cheesy stuff actually regularly happens, so I can't imagine anyone NOT being a sucker for it.

Anyway, this is the Kyoryuger thread, I don't think we're being off-topic, since we're still talking about Nossan's circumstances.

I meant that Sentai would never write a female Ranger like Nossan. Part of the show's bread and butter is selling them as idols, and a lady Nossan ain't gonna cut it

To be fair even a few years ago people would be saying that Sentai would never have a male hero character like Nossan either.

There's nothing ridiculous about two people with real feelings for each other. Maybe it's a culture thing, or maybe First World countries are a little jaded when it comes to romance. However, I'm in a country where a lot of these cheesy stuff actually regularly happens, so I can't imagine anyone NOT being a sucker for it.

Nossan's basically thinking with his dick, I wouldn't call that "real feelings." But then you seem to approve of this storyline being used to appeal to lonely otaku, so ...

To be fair even a few years ago people would be saying that Sentai would never have a male hero character like Nossan either.

Nossan's not that different thematically from a character like, say, Yellow Owl. He also has some elements in common with Ryuuji - reportedly, Kyoryuger Vs Go-Busters played on that. But you can pretty much guarantee there will never be a female Ranger like Nossan. Part of Sentai's appeal comes from "selling" the female cast as idols, so lady Rangers are always young and cute (remember that leaked Go-Busters casting sheet that set an age limit two years younger for female auditionees?) and they usually don't get Nossan's kind of physical comedy, which would make them look awkward and unappealing

Last edited:
Nossan's basically thinking with his dick, I wouldn't call that "real feelings." But then you seem to approve of this storyline being used to appeal to lonely otaku, so ...

No, he's not. I already explained it several times and I'd rather not do it again. You just like to ignore his perfectly valid actions and motivations behind it because you hate the idea that someone becomes happy in a cheesy romance.

And there's nothing wrong about the storyline being used to appeal to lonely otaku. You just seem seem to think all lonely otaku are the worst kinds of beings on this planet. Why is it that everything, for you, that can be criticized for something should be criticized for the worst possible example even if it doesn't apply to the majority?

No, he's not. I already explained it several times and I'd rather not do it again. You just like to ignore his perfectly valid actions and motivations behind it because you hate the idea that someone becomes happy in a cheesy romance.

And there's nothing wrong about the storyline being used to appeal to lonely otaku. You just seem seem to think all lonely otaku are the worst kinds of beings on this planet. Why is it that everything, for you, that can be criticized for something should be criticized for the worst possible example even if it doesn't apply to the majority?

There is only one time, IMO, that Sentai has done a romance that wasn't either poorly written, sexist, cliche and/or rushed, and it is AbareBlack and Mahoro (and I've seen all but four Sentai in full.) It almost never serves the plot or characters well and it's cheap and lazy - it's a guaranteed way of making fans happy without bothering to put in effort.

As a general rule, I hate any kind of pandering to the fanbase, but that IS off-topic

Toku Prince
Anyway, this is the Kyoryuger thread, I don't think we're being off-topic, since we're still talking about Nossan's circumstances.

This is the Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures topic. It isn't the Kyoryuger - discuss every detail about Nossan's love life and how Sentai is pandering to obsessive otaku topic.

THIS is what we should be talking about:

[hide] 4832140.jpg
4832142.jpg[/hide]