Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger - News/Rumors/Pictures

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz

Producer - Not known yet
Writer - Riku Sanjo (Kamen Rider W)
Director - Koichi Sakamoto (Kamen Rider Fourze, Ultra Galaxy Legends)
The information on the next Sentai, Juuden Sentai Kyoryuger, has finally started to come out! At 9:30 AM on December 6th, Bandai held a presentation for its retailers and revealed details about the upcoming series. In addition to talking about the new show, they also talked about the current show, Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters. The president of Bandai admitted that Go-Busters has been a disappointment, falling short of its goals. Reasons sighted are the dark and dramatic story lines that make the series unappealing to the core audience. In response, Bandai and Toei are taking the safe route and doing a show completely different from Go-Busters. They're promising a "light" show about strong characters and action with a lot of fun. Koichi Sakamoto's kinetic action style is most definitely suited for this.

Now, what have we learned so far about Kyoryuger? Well, for one, the mecha are going to have a Zyuranger aesthetic. There's also going to be a unique formation system. Though there are five mecha altogether, only three of them are used to form the main robot. At the moment it's unknown what the other pieces will do when the other three are in robot form. The series will pick up the trend dropped by Go-Busters and have a collectable trinket as the main draw of the toy line. To play with the "juuden" battery motif, the collectable items this year are JuuDenchi batteries - toys in the form of batteries. They're charged up with "dino power" and used for attacks. When attacks are performed, iconic samba music is played by the weapons and other toys, it's also been said that other, more Western sounding music will be played.

kyoryugerlogoAlso evident is the color combination, initial leaks proposed that the color scheme wouldn't be revolutionary, but it would use a never before seen lineup. For the first time since Dengeki Sentai Changeman, way back in 1986, and only just the third time in Sentai history, there will be no yellow-colored Ranger. Instead, we're treated to heavily yellow patterned chest armor on the team. Also of note is the apparent return to spandex suits. Go-Busters changed suit material for the first time in over 30 years by going from spandex to leather, providing for a more realistic and edgy look. Kyoryuger seems to be balancing this out with a lightly armored look.
http://risingsuntokusatsu.com/2012/12/06/juuden-sentai-kyoryuger-pictures-and-information/
http://henshinjustice.com/2012/12/06/our-first-look-at-juuden-sentai-kyoryuger/

Last edited:

145zzz

Lurker
The designs look weird and semi-recycled:

Torsos remind me of Gingaman with the zigzag lines.
Pink's helmet looks like GokaiPink's.
Black and Blue's helmets look like BoukenBlue's helmet.

The yellow seems a bit off to me as well.
I guess it's to make up for not having a yellow ranger on the team :p

Aoiblue

Raxbait: Hip
Hmmm, feelin a bit conflicted. But more pics should ease that hopefully.

But like Anikou said, it's "weird" lol

I refuse to let this thread continue until Shougo B'Stard apologizes about what he said about J in the previous thread.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Haha, so the dinosaurs really are on their chests.

Man, I can't say I dislike the suits. I'm just not sure how armored bit is going to look in motion.

And, to no one's surprise, back to spandex. But we've got a bit of armor in its stead!

leolim

Well Atleast the Wire-fu fight is still worth watching anyway the suits remind me of those sentai copycat series.

145zzz

Lurker
I guess they still want to "experiment" with the Sentai formula seeing how the team has no yellow ranger in it since Changeman and how the suits have armor on top of them.
As for the main robo, is there going to be 5 mechas that join into 3 pieces that makes the main robot?
Or is it that there are only 3 mechas that form the main robot?
The wording is confusing to me :p

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Very disappointed at there being only one female Ranger, but at least she's not another Pteranodon, and I'm glad there's five again ...

The suits are spandex, right? It's not too easy to tell from that picture

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
The only place where it doesn't look like spandex are on red's arms.
Five mecha, three of the pieces are used to form the robo - one body pieces and two arms.

TaintedSeraph

Toku Prince
As for the main robo, is there going to be 5 mechas that join into 3 pieces that makes the main robot?
5 mecha. Only 3 are used in the main robot. The other 2 don't get used for the main robot.

lazycoconut

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Also, is it just me or does Pink not appear to have a skirt on the suit? But then Dekaranger's suits didn't have them, I guess they can get away with it if they find a female suit actor

Ziginz Zegell

No Fear, No Pain.
Also, is it just me or does Pink not appear to have a skirt on the suit? But then Dekaranger's suits didn't have them, I guess they can get away with it if they find a female suit actor
Still scares me to think about just how many female sentai were actually guys in those suits :redface2:. That's some 16th century bull crap...but at least the unsuited actors are female.

Anyway, I havn't watched Go-Buster yet, but from what I've seen and heard it sounded pretty awsome and I loved the suit designs. So hearing Bandai is going back to basics and the series will be "light" turns me off a bit. Now if they can balance the two via Shinkenger or Gekiranger, than I'm all for it. But too far in either direction can mean bad mojo. Also the batteries playing samba music seems kind of...weird, but so did the buddyroids who turned out to be pretty cool characters. Hearing they have armor intrigues me to no end, however, and I hope their weapons and other gear match up well with the feel of the suits.

I'm not a huge sentai fan, but I still hope the seires turns out great for all those that watch it. Me...I still got to finish Gokaiger.:sweat:

Last edited:

DecaEnd

min snopp är gul
Another image, but it's not that much different from the first one.

Last edited:

Ryuutaros

"Training."
I really like the helmet and all that however the chest is just...ugh. But I'm sure actual live action pictures will be better.

Wing Saber

So far very impressed with Kyoryugers. Especially with the choice of colors for next year. At least they're still trying different ideas. Looking foward how the 6th would work out. Since both Dragon Ranger & Abare Killer were very atagonistic towards their respective groups.

Mastodon