Base concepts. If you're just a rescue team that's really uninteresting for me. Magic users also often turn me off.

If there are two many hyper active crack heads in the show that are bumbling idiots that rely solely on slap stick... that also turns me off.

Base concepts. If you're just a rescue team that's really uninteresting for me.

So Power Rangers is chop liver?:sweat:

Lightspeed was cool...though I still question the concept of a Extreme Athlete, Animal Trainer, and Stunt Pilot as rescue.:sly:

May I recommend watching the Rescue Mission Metal Hero trilogy (Winspector, Solbrain, Exceedraft).

Magic users also often turn me off.

Magic isn't all too bad. Perhaps, tokusatsu use of "Western" magic themes is a bit of a turn-off...ie Magiranger and Wizard. Maybe infusing it with Eastern concepts would make it work better?:sly:

If there are too many hyper active crack heads in the show that are bumbling idiots that rely solely on slap stick... that also turns me off.

Hence, we had to put up with your ranting since 2007.:laugh:

Budou though
- the quality of the show that it was filmed in like others above said
- cheap looking CGI effects

i stay away from showa era because i may not like it due to it being too old for me.

SLICE

i stay away from showa era because i may not like it due to it being too old for me.

We will never, ever be friends.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Not if I have something to say about it!

fourze-01.jpg

Sorry Burkion, but you set me up for that.:p

Agree with the first and about a show looking too old. Its an acquired taste and you have to grow up with older TV series to be able to stand and ignore the effects in early toku. The oldest you could go could be the mid 80's, which I recommend Bioman and Kamen Rider Black.

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
I didn't grow up with any toku (besides PR, that is) and I'm ok with early-toku effects. :V

Hibiki Soukou
Any forced comedy, especially scenes and whole episodes that detract from the plot, (*ehm* Kabuto).

Toku children. They all need to die.

Overuse of CGI. I've been noticing this in Kamen Rider a lot as of late, especially in the Rider Kicks. What's wrong with a good old Rider Jump and Kick? We don't need them to look like a video game animation.

Screaming Reds. Obviously pertaining to Sentai.

Main heroes who can't fight. (Ryoutarou)

Any Shunpei-related characters. I.E. Keitaro from Faiz, Kotaro from Blade.

Ditzy-Kawaii-Desu-Moe Japanese heroines (Umeko, Natsuki, the Goseiger girls)

Endings with little payoff. Probably Early Heisei Rider's biggest flaw in my opinion.

The Kamen Rider story formula they've been using for the past few years. Thankfully Gaim will be getting rid of that, rejoice.

Last edited: