I'm pretty sure Gold Plastic Syndrome is due to plastic cast in gold that has a swirly look to the texture. The gold there looks like it's entirely gold paint. I can't tell what the plastic underneath the paint is, but I doubt Tamashii would use materials that terrible.

Also, I think the problem has been solved, and it had something to do with the amount of metallic flakes in the plastic.
This may because my toy knowledge is mostly Transformers related, but I also haven't heard of any cases outside of Hasbro or Takara.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

I'm pretty sure Gold Plastic Syndrome is due to plastic cast in gold that has a swirly look to the texture. The gold there looks like it's entirely gold paint. I can't tell what the plastic underneath the paint is, but I doubt Tamashii would use materials that terrible.

What about Elek States Fourze?

Shyni
I don't have any Fourzes, so I don't really know. But has anybody heard of this happen with Tamashii stuff? Looking around on Google, I couldn't find any cases of Figuarts breaking from gold plastic syndrome.

Then again, that might be because Figuarts only started in 2008, and GPS tends to take time before the plasic crumbles.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Here is an updated pic of my top Sentai shelf. I think I'm going to need to do some moving around as my initial plans are not working out.

DragonRanger16_zpsbb8031de.jpg

I don't have any Fourzes, so I don't really know. But has anybody heard of this happen with Tamashii stuff? Looking around on Google, I couldn't find any cases of Figuarts breaking from gold plastic syndrome.

Then again, that might be because Figuarts only started in 2008, and GPS tends to take time before the plasic crumbles.

My Elec States was still fine the last time I had him out.

41nu.jpg

Wizard Shelf looks nicer with more figures. I can't wait till the rest of the dragon forms plus infinity are out. I have Three Beasts so far but I'll just leave one out for now till I get the capes.

In Justice, We Trust!
SHF Pink Samurai Ranger:

6stk.jpg

Are they really going to leave the weapons non-matching like that? Kinda disappointing if they are..I just hope they don't stick out too much.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
41nu.jpg

Wizard Shelf looks nicer with more figures. I can't wait till the rest of the dragon forms plus infinity are out. I have Three Beasts so far but I'll just leave one out for now till I get the capes.

Looks "nicer" if you got a different shelf... Hehehe ;) That's the to of your cabinet display case... :laugh: