bandai knows recording tv shows for their merchandise

shinkenchange!starninger!
while on topic, i know boa knows that because nick streams pr on their website but the thing is, it's bandai's product as much as nick/toei so why doesnt bandai stream it?

especially when it comes to kr and sentai why doesnt bandai or toei stream the episodes? wouldnt they get more toy sales and ratings if it's streamed more on their websites?

HJU's master of disguise
while on topic, i know boa knows that because nick streams pr on their website but the thing is, it's bandai's product as much as nick/toei so why doesnt bandai stream it?

especially when it comes to kr and sentai why doesnt bandai or toei stream the episodes? wouldnt they get more toy sales and ratings if it's streamed more on their websites?

Toe does. They have a youtube channel where they show sentai/Kamen rider

From what I know we still represent such a small blip to them that they don't really notice or care. All they want is that little Japanese kid money.

Import toy shops on the other hand... pretty sure they know. :thumbs:

I am the law
I'm sure Bandai is fully aware of online retailers that import their products to other countries. But that is not where their focus is and never will be.

They put their advertising dollar (like every other toy company) where it will make the most impact. Commercials for their products during children's programing.

The amount that sales would increase by making their shows available online (either directly to Japanese abundances or abroad) is so miniscule, it's not worth Bandai's time or effort. Just rest assured that there are people at Bandai (and other companies as well) in the advertising department that are paid a very good salary to think about all this night & day. So you don't have to.

The real question is, does bandai know if we're playing with the toys while we watch their shows, prerecorded?

This is an important demographic and much research must be done to cater to their needs in the form of show interactive toys.
1357687246863.gif

Last edited:
Shyni
But AmiAmi and HLJ always mark their goods as being sold in Japan, so it's likely Bandai doesn't have a very good idea of just how many of their toys are being imported by everyone over here. If they did, it might increase the chances of them subbing episodes online or hell, just letting us order internationally from the Premium Bandai site.. Which I think is what the topic creator was trying to get at.
Well, Bandai do have Bluefin, whose purpose is specifically selling stuff to people in North America, so I say yeah, Bandai do know about people watching fansubs and such.