CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Personally I still enjoy the show but I did feel VERY let down when the 'New Megazord' was simply defeated by Go-Buster Beet without any sort of build-up... plus where did it come from that the new Megazord was based on Jin's design? I thought it was worked on by Ryuji's old friend? In any case that battle was fairly anti-climatic (not helped by the silly finisher move used by Go-Buster Beet). Personally I enjoyed the introduction of the Alpha (I think? the one that drove a sword through Ace's chest) and Go-Buster Oh a lot more. It had way more dramatic tension.

I actually like Enter and he seems like a competant guy stuck serving a moron so I don't mind if he turns into the big bad.

I'm also bothered we don't see simultaneous battles anymore with the Metaroid and Megazords out at the same time. I also feel like they haven't used the on-screen timer well enough recently.

I think Go-Busters was probably intended as a "first principles" show, maybe similar to W, that rejuvenated the franchise with a back-to-basics approach. A "first principles" show really only works if the creators have something to say about the franchise, though, and it's clear by now that Takebe and Kobayashi have no big statements about Sentai to make here.

Go-Busters LOOK different but in the end doesn't really feel different doesn't it?

I think that for a rejuvenation like W they actually need someone that's an outsider to Toku. Just to bring in a different perspective.

Plus Bandai needs to get in gear and come up with a decent type of plastic crack :p

I'm also bothered we don't see simultaneous battles anymore with the Metaroid and Megazords out at the same time. I also feel like they haven't used the on-screen timer well enough recently.

Actually, in the last two weeks they brought that back, I guess they realized that stopping them was pointless.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Actually, in the last two weeks they brought that back, I guess they realized that stopping them was pointless.

Well I'm still catching up.

It does feel like they never actually manage to stop one of those transfers though.

Aronbafon
Don't forget coming off Akibaranger sort of threw all that in our face as well (Or made it even more obvious)

Super Moderator
Clearly the show is doing badly but I don't think it's just "oh kids don't like the military theme". Kids would have no reason to come to that idea with any biased view. They don't care what happened in the 90's, they just want to be entertained. Maybe fewer Moms let their kids watch when it's a military theme? I don't know.

I think the real problem is just in the dull as dishwater execution of the whole project that really just makes no sense at all because there is nothing about the basic ideas and premise that are inherently boring or that should be uninteresting to kids. It's like the damn thing was stillborn.

Aronbafon
Especially when you consider what the exact same combo did with Kamen Rider just six months earlier.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I do feel that OOO had a sense of passion that Go-Busters lacks. Maybe Go-Busters just lost it because of all the meddling and rewriting, but then OOO went through a lot of rewrites and massive plot changes, and yet despite its problems it still had a lot of heart behind it and gave us a very bittersweet, emotionally engaging ending. I am not getting that from Go-Busters. I don't doubt that Kobayashi will tug on the ol' heartstrings for the climax of the show, and I still enjoy Go-Busters. But it does sometimes feel like someone just gave up on it

Super Moderator
I don't doubt that Kobayashi will tug on the ol' heartstrings for the climax of the show, and I still enjoy Go-Busters. But it does sometimes feel like someone just gave up on it

I've developed enough of an affection for the characters (except for Poochie..I mean Jin.) to finish it out. I was invested in them being able to find their parents and still hope they do. Plus the hero-suits and the mecha designs are still fun to look at, especially GoBuster Ace. I usually like most the monster designs and Enter is odd but entertaining. The actor who plays him can hold his own pretty good in fight scenes like the one he had with Blue Buster.

But yeah, the feeling that someone in the production has given up might be the best way to put it.

I do feel that OOO had a sense of passion that Go-Busters lacks. Maybe Go-Busters just lost it because of all the meddling and rewriting, but then OOO went through a lot of rewrites and massive plot changes, and yet despite its problems it still had a lot of heart behind it and gave us a very bittersweet, emotionally engaging ending. I am not getting that from Go-Busters. I don't doubt that Kobayashi will tug on the ol' heartstrings for the climax of the show, and I still enjoy Go-Busters. But it does sometimes feel like someone just gave up on it
While I am one of the minority who enjoy Go-Busters, I do sometimes wonder if Kobayashi is just getting slightly burned out? While acting as lead writer on Den-O she was also lead writer for the Claymore anime (although with the lead times on animation she could have written it first) and had only just finished the Witchblade anime before coming to Den-O. After Den-O finished she kept herself busy writing the anime Casshern Sins, along with the Climax Deka and Final Countdown movies, then went straight into Shinkenger, then straight off to pen the Trigun movie, then returned to helm OOO, and then she probably only had at most a few months off (assuming she didn't cram another anime in there) before starting on Go-Busters. Part of me wonders if she needs to have a break, let those creative juices flow and build up a few ideas or a concept she feels passionate about without having to get it straight down on paper and into production, then come back. Unfortunately pesky reality and the need to pay the bills means that's not exactly possible.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
One thing I find a bit annoying is that Enetron is basically a magical macguffin without much thought put it into it. Apparently it's ecological and yet it's not renewable it's mined? It's kept in tanks but you can get it by plugging into the wall? and if Enter wanted it without attracting attention why not plug something that slowly sucks Enetron equal to a fridge and just keep multiple of those going for a while? No one would notice a spike.

I would have found it interesting if it had some dark secret to it. Like it's messiah's actual blood or something creepy like that.

I've developed enough of an affection for the characters (except for Poochie..I mean Jin.) to finish it out. I was invested in them being able to find their parents and still hope they do. Plus the hero-suits and the mecha designs are still fun to look at, especially GoBuster Ace. I usually like most the monster designs and Enter is odd but entertaining. The actor who plays him can hold his own pretty good in fight scenes like the one he had with Blue Buster.

But yeah, the feeling that someone in the production has given up might be the best way to put it.

I care about the characters too myself, really dig Blue Buster. Jin and J are fun but they're not characters I really care about. Honestly Jin's a dick.