Protect IP Bill (E-Parasite)...is our Government getting more & more stupid?

n/s
I have some good news and bad news. Here's the good news and the bad news is the debate will continue on December 15, 2011.

I have some good news and bad news. Here's the good news and the bad news is the debate will continue on December 15, 2011.

It's FUCKING pathetic that elected officials from the US Chamber of Commerce support this. Aren't they supposed to be for the people's consumer rights and stand against big interests? **** them.:mad:

This is why these dickholes who represent us should get no free healthcare and a FAR LOWER PAY for their incompetency and Anti-Patriotic beliefs. This is why people are going to other countries.

n/s
I'm not surprised that one chef supported that bill and mentioned that "will give a LESSON to thief like YOU that makes moneys with STEALING someone's HARD WORK !!!!!
"

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
The righteous indignation of some of the people who support this laughingstock of a bill is almost amusing.

I'm not surprised that one chef supported that bill and mentioned that "will give a LESSON to thief like YOU that makes moneys with STEALING someone's HARD WORK !!!!!
"
Yeah, like the companies that support the bill haven't stolen from artists' hard work and have compensated their artists and ones they "homaged" fairly. IN my knowledge , some of these people have pirated other people's works like Kimba, Nadia... there Same with the music companies who pay little to nothing back to the music artists at all , it's all on concerts and gigs .

Until I see the artists compensated fairly for their work , they can go shove it . This is not the book industry where authors and artists are compensated so.

The headline's enough to make you laugh.

Sony, Universal and Fox employees are pirates, too

Major motion picture studios and record labels have been waging war on so-called “pirates†— the consumers who download copyrighted content free of charge on the Internet.

So you wouldn’t expect any of these so-called “pirates†to be employed by major motion picture studios and record labels — right?

As it turns out, the siren song of BitTorrent is just too sweet to resist. According to data gathered by TorrentFreak via spy site YouHaveDownloaded, employees at Sony, Fox and Universal are a bunch of torrent-happy fiends just like the rest of us.

TorrentFreak used IP ranges for a handful of major Hollywood studios, entered that information into YouHaveDownloaded and saw a stream of TV shows, music and movies being downloaded by employees.

At Sony, folks were downloading Conan the Barbarian and music by the Black Keys. Over at NBC’s Fort Lauderdale office, someone was pirating Cowboys and Aliens and new sitcom Two Broke Girls (really?). And at Fox, downloads included the newly-released-on-DVD film Super 8.

And as TorrentFreak pointed out, “Yes, these are the same companies who want to disconnect people from the Internet after they’ve been caught sharing copyrighted material.â€

Major entertainment entities including NBCUniversal, CBS, Disney, Fox, Sony Pictures, Viacom and Warner Brothers are all lobbying for greater monitoring and punishment of what they term “content theft.†After all, they make the shows, and we humble pirates lift them without so much as watching an ad.

These studios recently formed a coalition to support the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), a proposed bill in Congress that could lead to new levels of web censorship.

This Thursday, SOPA goes before the House Judiciary Committee, which oversees copyright law. So far, the bill is expected to pass. Many organizations and individuals have been protesting the bill. To get involved yourself, you can check out various tools and suggestions at AmericanCensorship.org or I Work for the Internet.

http://venturebeat.com/2011/12/13/torrent-hypocrisy/

Lurker
The ones that use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, & Youtube alone will give both the U.S. Congress & the U.S. Government hell. They're not just going to sit back & put up with it. No way. This will happen the same way that Japan's Government tried to make the used gaming market illegal. People will rebel against the Government, & the Government will remove the stupid bill (or law, or whatever). It'll be worse than the protesters against Wall Street.

They're asking for it. They seriously are.