You may have played a citizen of a city, and you may have played as the mayor / god of a city, but you’ve never played AS a city. Developer Dream Harvest’s upcoming NeuroNet casts you as the all-present artificial intelligence that governs the futuristic city of Catena. And thanks to the new gameplay trailer, we can view for the first time what that looks like. Ten minutes’ worth of raw footage!
“In the footage, the AI is working with a new branch of the CPA (Corporate Police Agency), headed up by Thompson, a lead Detective,” says Dream Harvest. “Together they’re on the hunt for a human trafficker: Mueller. Previously sceptical of the AI’s value, actions and decisions taken up to this point have proven to be a valuable resource in piecing together Thompson’s cold cases. The CPA until recently didn’t have enough evidence to bring him in, until now.”
The AI of Catena looks at its citizens from a street-view angle and takes their requests and demands directly from their faces. Playing as the AI, you’ll be forced to see the consequences of bad ideas directly, which adds more pressure not to mess up. As you manage your citizen’s lives, balance resources and allocate funding for improvements or defenses, you’ll get to know them on an individual level, making the moral decisions you must make that much more weighty.
- Branching Narrative: A ‘Reigns’ inspired branching narrative where player choice directly impacts the story, with some outcomes benefiting the citizens of Catena and others benefitting someone else…
- Quick Decisions: Characters pose problems that offer quick-fire decisions, but they are deceptively simple and have far-reaching repercussions. Good instincts are required to make the right choice at the right time.
- Choices That Matter: See the impact of every choice you make as your influence spreads across the city. Analyse reports and read the social media feeds of the population to observe the effects. Throughout the overarching story, your decisions will change the path and decide the outcome.
- Diverse Cast: Meet and build relationships with 23 diverse and fully voiced characters. Guide each one on their journey as they face the tough challenges life in Catena presents.
- Compelling Events: Over 5000 story events to experience, each offering choices that affect the characters you meet.
- Rich Lore: Explore the world of Catena through an expansive digital Codex packed with deep lore, engaging characters, and stunning cyberpunk environments.
NeuroNet is planned for a 2022 release on Nintendo Switch, PC via Steam and Epic Games Store, and mobile platforms.