Fight’N Rage was originally released for the PC in 2017. It reached Nintendo Switch and XBox One last September. The Playstation 4 is the only one missing out, but this won’t be for much longer…a PS4 release for the game has been dated.
If you have a soft spot for 2D 90s-era brawlers, Fight’N Rage should be right up your alley. It’s got a purposely cheesy story, just like the greats: it’s the far future, and humanity has been enslaved by mutants. You must punch as many faces as possible to break free of their tyranny, and ultimately confront their leader, who is only known by “The Boss.”
And the characters are just as over the top as you would demand. We have a mutant minotaur-man named Ricardo described personality-wise as a “rebel,” a kick-boxing woman by the name of “Gal,” and a ninja with a mysterious past named F. Norris (if you don’t get what this is likely a reference toward: in the original Japanese version of Street Fighter II the names of Vega and M. Bison were switched. “M. Bison” was a play on Mike Tyson, but the US localizers feared litigation, so they gave the name to a white guy instead.)
- A lot of Combinations: Alternative paths, cutscenes and endings that can change based on the selected characters and your own decisions!
- Fast and intense single-session gameplay: Each possible route in the arcade mode can be finished in less than one hour! (at least if you have mastered it.)
- Explosive Combo System: Characters are capable of performing several skillful juggle-based combos that can make your enemies blow up into pieces!
- Simplified Controls: Using only three buttons (attack, jump and special attack), you will be able to combine lots of movements in order to perform amazing combos!
- Easy to Play, Hard to Master: Difficulty is not about bad controls or unfair rules… it is about mastering your character’s moves and dealing with tough enemies!
- Local co-op mode: Up to 3 players with optional friendly fire (which is even more challenging!).
- Custom Display Modes: Display settings includes optional CRT feels, scanlines and various color styles and more!
- Lots of Unlockables: Earn in-game coins with your scores and get extra content like character’s costumes, extra difficulty settings, more gameplay speeds, new game modes, new characters to use on these modes and much more!
- Play as Enemies: More than 20 unlockable characters to play in the extra modes!
- Training Mode: You can practice a lot of techniques and combos while earning new belts! Are you good enough to get the Black Belt?
- Different Weapons: Each protagonist handles them in their own way.
Fight’N Rage launches on Playstation 4 December 3, for a price of $19.90 (if this is an intended pun, it would’ve been more accurate to price it at $19.93).