Earlier this year two indie studios, Riposte Games (whose past credits include Mini Guns) and Furnace Games (known for Dungeon Boss and Castleville) announced a partnership to jointly enter production on games. The first of these, Dungeon Stars, just hit Steam Early Access today.
Dungeon Stars offers a new twist on the classic Gauntlet-style dungeon crawler, mixing expressive 2D-animated characters with a shifting, randomly-generated 3D environment.
– Visually stunning blend of 3D lighting technology with hyper expressive 2D-Style characters.
Collect 15 charming and adventurous heroes, each with their own unique powers and special quests to perform. Team them up to take on various challenges.
– Simple and addictive action-combat that has heroes blasting through hordes of enemies.
Block powerful enemy attacks, Smash through enemy shields, and unleash rapid Attacks to deal damage as fast as possible. As you defeat enemies, you power up your Special Abilities to turn the tables on dangerous opponents and powerful Bosses.
– Powerful pets and gear creating a variety of magical combinations and capabilities to explore.
Level-up your heroes to unlock abilities and boost their stats; equip magic gems and pets to give them new powers; customize your heroes to match your play style.
– 40+ adventures with special procedural content that bolsters replay and exploration.
Random encounters, secret rooms and loot are never the same twice.
– Choose from 3 different heroes to play with.
Switch heroes on the fly and assign them to your squad depending on the ability you need to face your enemies, defeat the boss and complete the dungeon.
There’s a lot in Dungeon Stars as it is, but it’s far from complete. More characters, modes, dungeons and bosses will be added as the game gets closer to completion. Play Dungeon Stars today on Steam Early Access for $14.99.