Kraken Unleashed Studio and publisher Klabater are preparing Crossroads Inn for release, a game that falls under the rarely-used category of “fantasy tavern management sim.”
There are two ways to play the game: Sandbox and Campaign modes. Campaign Mode should be called “Story Mode” as the game mechanics take a backseat to the kingdom’s political drama, which your tavern finds itself wrapped in the middle of. Says Kraken, “Gamers will become part of a large-scale drama full of political intrigues, vivid characters, treacherous NPC’s and dangerous quests inspired by RPG games – You will even have a damsel in distress to save!”
Sandbox Mode, by contrast, is just pure game — your only concern is keeping your tavern running and the tasks you have to juggle to do so.
- Real-time management sim and RPG in one!
- Two distinct game modes: an epic Campaign mode with a non-linear story (12 different endings!) and nearly endless Sandbox mode dedicated to hardcore sim fans
- Rich and detailed lore with feuding factions and powerful organizations – choose to forge alliances or work against others in an original low fantasy setting
- Once in a lifetime culinary adventure designed in cooperation with the experts from Nerds’ Kitchen! Discover recipes, create new dishes and serve varied menus to attract different social groups
- A complex tavern economy simulation with various groups of customers, special guests, unique and regular employees, dozens of resources and facilities to build and develop – all bound together with a network of reliances
- Original soundtrack composed by a talented team including Marcin Przybyłowicz (The Witcher 3) and recorded with traditional folk instruments from various cultures and eras
- Expanded in-game culinary recipes along with a fully developed nutritional system created to influence relationships with different guests and fractions
- Extensive in-game editor that allows you to fully modify the game and to create your own campaigns, scenarios, and adventures with access to all game assets
Crossroads Inn is being developed for all operating systems — whether you’re on PC, Mac or Linux, there’s a version for you. Look for it on Steam and GOG October 23.