Last month, Shockwork Games and No Gravity Games finally released their turn-based tactical stealth title Alder’s Blood — on Nintendo Switch. The game was originally announced for PC and Switch, but the former version took a little longer to make. The wait is over now….it is available on Steam and GOG as of today.
In Alder’s Blood you play as a Hunter — a professional monster slayer, and not an easy job in the game’s world. No matter how skilled the Hunter is, monsters are still much more powerful and cannot be defeated in direct combat. To kill them, you have to get clever on the battlefield…sneak up behind them, use magical spells and team up with other Hunters to slay monsters as a team. Otherwise, you’re lunch!
- Stealth, ambush-based combat. Try to outsmart and outwit all the horrifying creatures you’ll be facing, as they are way stronger and you don’t stand a chance in a direct assault;
- Diverse, challenging opponents. From werewolves to vampires, all monsters have their unique attacks and skills and can easily see, hear or smell you from the distance. So be careful not to reveal your position too early;
- Stamina-based characters. Cautiously manage your energy level between attacking, moving and casting spells. In the end, you’re only a human and running out of energy will seriously fatigue you;
- A grim world plunged in half-darkness. In this world, our god has finally turned his back on us and his corrupt presence can change the intensity of the battlefield. From summoning monsters, through changing the weather, to transforming one of the creatures into a powerful avatar of his will;
- A vagabond’s exploration system. Travel the world bringing your mobile base along with you. Take shelter in and manage your camp, but be wary of enemy ambushes;
- A unique fusion of dark Victorian fantasy and wild west. Immerse yourself in a world so different from the one you know. The universe shaped by struggle, where mankind has not had the freedom to develop or advance any of its technology.
Alder’s Blood is now available on PC via Steam and GOG. On both platforms, the game will be 25% off for its first week — $14.99 until April 17. The only places you can’t buy the game now are PS4 and XBox….but Shockwork and No Gravity assures us those versions are in the works.