After all the problems with WWE Universe mode as well as most of the online portion of the game, THQ will finally be releasing a patch this week to conquer the issues that have plagued the game.
It’s been a long road for WWE ’12 after showing off a brand new style of gameplay and moving to different servers this year. Not many things have gone well and the game has definitely needed some help in the form of a patch for many months. The development team for WWE ’12 has looked into all of these issues and created that patch. The patch is due for release on Monday, January 30th.
WWE ’12 Creative Director, Cory Ledesma, offered an apology to all WWE 12′ fans saying,
[quote]I also want to apologize on behalf of our THQ team for the early technical problems experienced with our popular Online Community Creations feature. The transition to a new server can sometimes generate unforeseen issues, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. We truly appreciate your patience and support![/quote]
In addition to the patch, the release of the Legends and Superstars DLC Pack (featuring, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, Batista, Mick Foley, and Brodus Clay) has been revealed for Tuesday, January 31st along with a special free offering of Masked Kane from the Attitude Era in the WWE. Kane will be free only for the first two weeks so, make sure to download while you can.
Here are the full patch notes:
- Fixed an issue where the ring texture would flash black or different colors
- Addressed multiple Finisher system bugs in which players were awarded too many or too few Finishers
- Fixed an issue where the Defender would freeze if the Right Stick was pressed in any direction while being Irish Whipped
- Fixed an issue where two Superstars in a pin sequence swapped positions when an interfering Superstar woke the referee as he/she was standing
- Fixed an issue where Superstars would freeze if certain running corner attacks were performed in the Royal Rumble
- Both attacks in the Running Strikes and Running Grapples categories should now trigger consistently
- Fixed several situations where a created Superstar’s move set was being improperly reset to default settings
- Fixed several instances where players could Irish Whip their opponents through the Cell and/or Barricade
- Fixed an issue that caused Superstars to freeze when a Finisher was performed
- Sound is now working correctly after restarting a Brawl
- Tuned pin escape mini-game in Elimination Chamber matches. Players can now escape after being hit with a Finisher.
- Fixed a problem where tables were not properly re-spawning in Tables matches (PS3 only)
- Fixed cameras for environmental weapons attacks
- Various gameplay bug fixes
- Brands can now consist entirely of created Superstars. However, match card creation still requires players to use Superstars with at least one of each crowd reaction setting (‘boo’ and ‘cheer’) to properly book matches.
- The Draft option now functions properly
- Lowered the frequency of injuries in Universe Mode
- Addressed issue where Royal Rumble and Money in the Bank winners were not getting their title shots at WrestleMania and/or the option to cash in Money in the Bank
- Fixed various crashes to help improve overall stability of Universe Mode
- Various Universe Mode bug fixes
- Made numerous improvements to help improve stability and reliability of Community Creations.
- General stability improvements in Royal Rumble matches
- Fixed an issue where the DLC versions of Edge and Christian’s entrance animations were replaced by Alberto Del Rio’s animations if edits were made to their music and/or mini-tron
- Players can now edit a created Superstar’s move set after viewing the model in Community Creations
- Resolved several issues with Divas entrances
- Props can now be disabled during entrances
- Fixed several issues with Custom Soundtracks
- General stability improvements in Story Designer Mode