World War Z, the post-apocalyptic multiplayer co-op based on the movie, will continue to receive content for some time, says developer Saber Interactive. Today they revealed their roadmap for content updates over the next few months.
Sometime this month, players will get a brand-new mission set in Tokyo, where they’ll meet a formidable new type of zombie that comes back to life if not killed a certain way. It also spreads a deadly virus by spitting at you, so….have fun dealing with it.
In the coming months, a new “Six Skull” difficulty setting will be applied, with a unique reward and bonus cosmetics. In July the new Weekly Challenge mode will go live, providing new reasons to revisit the game every seven days.
And in the months after that, says Saber, you can look forward to “a wave-based survival mode, private lobbies, the ability to switch classes during PvPvZ matches, field of view (FOV) and level of detail sliders on PC, and more.”
World War Z was released on April 16 and sold over one million copies in its first week along. It’s predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of these five modes:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an objective to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
World War Z is available now for $39.99 (PS4, XBox One) or $34.99 (Epic Games Store).