First there came the movie….now comes the game! Saber Interactive has officially released World War Z on consoles and PC!
World War Z is predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of these five modes:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an objective to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
Powered by Saber’s dynamic Swarm Engine™, World War Z unleashes hundreds of fast-moving, bloodthirsty zombies – able to move and strike as one collective herd as well as break off into individual attackers – at a time on players. Choose from six distinct classes and an arsenal of deadly weapons, explosives, turrets and traps. Outlive the dead through intense four-player co-op campaign missions around the world, including New York, Jerusalem, Moscow and Tokyo, and battle both zombies and real human opponents in competitive, team-based Players vs. Players vs. Zombies (PvPvZ) multiplayer.
World War Z comes at a nice price of $39.99 (PS4, XBox One) or, if you’re a PC gamer, it’s even cheaper at $34.99 (Epic Games Store). The game is rated M for Mature, but you didn’t need me to tell you that.