KingsIsle Entertainment, creators of the award-winning online game Wizard101, today announced that its newest content addition, the land of Wysteria, is now available across all U.S. servers.
The update features three new zones for Wizards to explore, including a city and two adventure zones for mid-level characters. Wysteria is the home of a rival magical school, Pigswick Academy, and hosts a magical tournament that attracts contenders from across the Spiral. New content in Wysteria includes:
· New zones: The Pigswick Academy of Magic and two adventuring streets – Pegasus Place and Tanglewood Way.
· New creatures to encounter and vanquish: Goblins, Hobgoblins, Green Men and Rabbit Guards.
· Dozens of new quests.
· Powerful new equipment, plants, pets and mounts.
· A new collectable booster pack, “The Wyvern’s Hoard,” which offers a chance at epic loot, including one of five ultra-rare “Fortune Wyvern” mounts.
· For mighty Wizards, a brand new level 60 epic gauntlet to conquer: The Tower of the Helephant
“We are constantly adding new and different experiences to the Wizard101 universe and our design team had a lot of fun working on Wysteria,” said Fred Howard, vice president of Marketing at KingsIsle Entertainment. “When players look back at 2011, I am confident they will be thrilled with all that was added, whether it’s an expansive new world and level cap increase for our veteran players or a custom-crafted adventure for those who are just beginning their journey in the Spiral.”
The new Wysteria zones are available to purchase individually for 1,000 Crowns each. As always, current Wizard101 members will gain access to the new areas immediately. The complete set of update notes for Wysteria can be found at www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/august2011.