Developer YAGER is working on a fast-paced competitive quest shooter called The Cycle. Over 250,000 players took part in the alpha, and now the game has entered Early Access on St——no, wait, the Epic Games Store.
You’ve landed on the distant planet of Fortuna III, with the goal of mining its resources and making a fortune. Unfortunately, this planet is full of space prospectors who have the same idea as you. You can play either solo or with a team (you probably want a team with this one)…your goal is to blast off with more valuable minerals than anyone else!
Today YAGER added their free “Crime and Punishment” update, which includes:
- A new Duos mode allowing players to pair up together to take on other Prospectors. Duos joins the two other game modes: Solo, where players can queue alone, and Squads, where four players team up to take on the game’s challenges.
- A new bounty hunter system designed to better balance PvEvP: players who frequently kill other prospectors will get marked as “ruthless” on the mini-map, revealing their location to everyone.
- A new heat map showing areas with a high density of players — decide if you want to hunt down serious PvP action, or focus more on PvE in less populated areas.
- The ability to level up your armor kits with better stats by collecting experience points.
- Two new archetypes, the Gambler and Exo Biologist, along with a new enemy type: the Droids.
- New sound effects for most weapons.
- Support for in-game voice chat.
You can get into The Cycle starting today on the Epic Games Store, if you don’t mind playing an early build.