Flying Wild Hog’s Cracow Studio and publisher Jagex Partners are working on an action RPG called Space Punks. Visually, it feels very inspired by the Borderlands series, and both looting and shooting are key components in the gameplay…but unlike Borderlands, much of it takes place from an overhead perspective. If you’d like to be one of the first to try the game out, now’s your chance…it just launched an Early Access version on the Epic Games Store.
How do you get it? Buy a Founder’s Pack. There are two to fit your various needs. If you just want to get into the game, the Swag Pack contains everything you need: a Season 1 Beta Battle Pass, four emotes, the Epic Cape, the Epic Dash effect, and exclusive backgrounds. It costs $29.99. If you want more, the Splendor Pack will give you all those things plus four Epic Character Skins, an Epic Player Entrance and other things they don’t specify, for $49.99.
- Endless Arsenal: Guns, grenades, gadgets and gizmos. Whatever weapon you’re looking for, this galaxy’s got it, and they’re all designed for one thing: instant gratification
- Limitless Power If there’s one thing you want in this universe, it’s MORE. It’s all about the space Benjamins. Get stuff. Get famous. And get more powerful with every run
- Not Heroes: Misfits. Pirates. Scoundrels. Just don’t call them heroes. They might have hearts of gold but they’d happily pawn them for gun money
- Share the Glory: Sure, you’ll need to split your plunder, but nothing beats the shared satisfaction of a successful run with your closest friends in the galaxy
- Brilliant Galaxy: It’s a weird and wonderful universe full of weird and not-so-wonderful things… all ready and waiting to kill you. Better kill them first
You can check out the Early Access version of Space Punks today on the Epic Games Store. There is no current announcement for when the game is planned to reach its finished form.