Interactive Fate’s Shortest Trip To Earth, which entered Steam Early Access last October, officially has liftoff. You can find the game, the creation of indie studio Interactive Fate, complete today on Steam.
Shortest Trip To Earth is a “roguelike spaceship simulator” that combines procedurally generated environments with strategy tactical battles and decisions. Pick your ship, recruit your crew, add robots and weapons, and blast off. When you’re confronted with something dangerous, be it a hostile ship of aliens or plundering space pirates, you’ll be thrown into the battle screen where your choices determine who makes it out.
As you progress, you’ll uncover a storyline that changes every time you play through multiple-choice decisions. Also, if you die, that’s it — you’ve gotta build your ship back up again from scratch. Shortest Trip To Earth is unforgiving, but the better you play, the more perks you can unlock to increase your survival chances next time.
– Master the art of survival in unexplored space!
– Traverse a procedurally generated universe full of intrigue
– Ship customization & crew management
– Epic real-time tactical space battles
– Onboard combat, featuring hostile intruders, drones and battle-hardened pets
– Hundreds of random events with unique outcomes
– Uncover fascinating and exotic stories from across the universe
“I am humbled to release our game after it has been critically acclaimed by press and rated as excellent by the community,” says Edvin Aedma, lead developer and CEO of Interactive Fate. “After more than 5 years of continuous development, Shortest Trip to Earth is ready to meet the best space survivors of our little Earth – and of course kill them, being a rogue-like.”
Check out Shortest Trip To Earth on Steam and GOG, and think about entering the Content Creator Competition, where you could walk away with $3,000.