On March 19, Chinese game giant Tencent published a mobile version of Playerunknown’s Battlegrounds in the US. The game had already launched for phones in China,
Not only has PUBG joined the mobile marketplace, so has its main competition Fortnite: Battle Royale. While both games are best controlled with buttons and sticks, their mobile versions hold one major advantage that has made them popular: you can play them in school. At least until you get caught and your phone is confiscated.
Today PUBG Mobile got its first big update. The big attraction is the new Arcade Mode, a 28-player match that randomly chooses 1 of 6 variations. Each variation brings its own match theme that either limits the weapons in a match to one type, no weapons at all, or by allowing players access to all weapons and items. The Arcade Mode queue can be joined solo or with friends.
The other major new addition is the Training grounds. In a field where nothing’s at stake, hone your survival skills and work toward the dream of a Chicken Dinner.
PUBG Corp’s full list of additions is below.
- 28 player mode, with each match taking on one of 6 variations.
- 6 variations: Shotguns, Sniper Rifles, Pistols, all weapons, melee only, and item heaven.
- Try out items, weapons, and practice your shooting skills.
- Follow function has been added, can be used before parachuting and after landing.
- Automatic door opening can now be enabled in settings.
- Pause time between picking up multiple items has been adjusted.
- The teammate elimination icon now disappears after some time.
- Adjusted sound effects for footsteps, UI, vehicles, and entering /exiting the Blue Zone.
- Jumping is no longer affected by sprinting.
- The crosshair is no longer blocked by the camera when standing next to a wall.
- 4X and 8X issues with choppiness have been resolved.
- New animations for being attacked and defeated have been added.
- Improved firing animations.
- Leaning improvements: movement and animation speed increased, “Lean & Open Scope” and “Lean & Fire” have been added.
- Enhanced combat experience: shake/vibration improved, button feedback improved, animations while being attacked have been improved and randomized.
- Camera perspective now switches after death to the player who delivered the killing blow.
- Motorcycles now have flipping tricks
- Added Nitrous Oxide engine to cars.
- Previously used vehicles are now be marked on the minimap.
Voice Chat Optimization:
- Fixed an issue that caused voice chat to stop working after creating a group.
- Fixed crashing issues that have been reported by some players.
- Improved Bluetooth headset issues in iOS (optimization on this is on-going).
- Fixed an issue occurring with Android phones, that was not properly displaying an error when the game did not have access to a microphone.
- Voice chat is now supported by more devices.
- Added a new background, Dusk
- Players can now swap between a 2 column and 3 column view when opening crates.
- Added 3D touch firing options for iOS.
- Results screen: added a performance chart, daily reward limits are now shown.
- Rank 1 coupons now available.
- Items & cheats now available.
- New outfits now available (region-specific outfit will be available soon!)
- Duplicate outfits can now be destroyed for currency to purchase new items.
A Rename Card has also been added which grants 1 name change.
You can download PUBG for free on the App Store here, or on Google Play here.
Like this Article? Subscribe to Our Feed!