Saber Interactive’s World War Z, based on the movie. is one step closer to release. As of today you can now preorder the game anywhere, at physical retail or online. Put in your reserve and on launch day you’ll get the Lobo Launch Pack, featuring three golden weapon skins and the dual-bladed Lobo spade.
World War Z is predominantly a multiplayer experience. You can play the main four-player co-op, utiilzing six distinct classes and tons of weapons and traps in locations set around the world, from New York to Moscow. Or you can try out Players Vs. Players Vs. Zombies, sending you against the undead and other players in any of these five modes:
- Scavenge Raid: Players race to secure resources across the map to win.
- Vaccine Hunt: Players must pick up and hold an objective to earn points for the team.
- Swarm Deathmatch: Two teams go head to head in a bitter fight to the end.
- Swarm Domination: Capture zones to earn points and win a team victory.
- King of the Hill: Capture a single hill, then control it to earn victory points.
We’ve also got a new trailer to look at. “Zombies Are Coming” is the title of this 90-second showcase for the Swarm Engine, Saber’s proprietary software that allows the game to generate as many zombies as possible with today’s real-time rendering chips. You and your friends should never run out of things to shoot at.
World War Z will be out for Playstation 4, XBox One and PC April 16.