Now that the Witcher trilogy has wrapped, and CD Projekt Red is focusing all their attention on Cyberpunk 2077, it could be a long time before we see or hear anything relating to that game franchise again. Unless you’re up for a game of cards…
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is a spinoff of the Gwent card game that tells a new tale set in Geralt’s universe. The story takes over 30 hours to experience in its entirety, and that’s not counting the 75-plus side quests that are optional. Folks who preorder the game will receive these items instantly:
- Official Thronebreaker Soundtrack
- Digital version of GWENT: Art of The Witcher Card Game artbook from Dark Horse
- Concept art, including the map of Lyria
- The Witcher graphic novel “Fox Children” by Dark Horse
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Titles
- 2 in-game GWENT: The Witcher Card Game Player Avatars
- 5 premium kegs for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
“Thronebreaker is almost here and we couldn’t be happier,” says Marcin Iwiński, co-founder at CD Projekt Red. “What started as a single-player adventure for a multiplayer card game quickly outgrew the original concept and became a game in its own right.”
Iwinski went on to stress that the digital goodies being offered to preordering customers WILL ALSO be offered to regular customers. “When buying our games, everyone gets the same in-game content. Doesn’t matter if you pre-order it or buy it after launch. We don’t want to lure you in with ‘exclusive item’ bull[shirt]. For us, pre-orders are all about the anticipation and excitement.” Iwinski, we love you.
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales will be out October 23 on PC, and December 4 for Playstation 4 and XBox One.