PopCap Games and Electronic Arts recently revealed the six new character classes for the upcoming Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 game. The new video also features a look at new variants and new maps for the game including the Asia-themed map, Zen Peak, and the Dino land-themed map, Boney Island.
The new classes all have their own backstories will bring some new depth and variety to the game through their abilities. These newcomers help make up 14 total classes for Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2, amounting to over 100 characters in GW2. Here a brief look at the six new character classes:
- Imp and Z-Mech – The smallest and most agile of the zombies that turns into a Z-Mech robo of mass destruction with missiles.
- Citron – A time-travelling bounty hunter from the future – and also an orange.
- Super Brainz – The flashy, punchy-powerhouse superhero with exceptional hair and a charismatic smile.
- Rose – An extremely powerful sorceress that can turn zombie foes into fully playable goats.
- Captain Deadbeard – A crusty peg-legged captain with a trick weapon up his sleeve.
- Kernal Corn – Leads the plant offensive as the primary assault class with dual cob busters and a high rate of fire.
You can check out the new developer video diary on the new character classes in the player below. Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 is scheduled for a spring 2016 release for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Windows PC.