Outbreak, top-down survival horror shooter inspired by Resident Evil and Silent Hill, is set to hit Steam on January 17th. Outbreak brings back the nostalgic days of mowing down the undead online with other players while dealing with limited supplies and random enemy/item placement. Thus giving you a challenge that is both familiar, and yet fresh.
As for what it’s about: An unknown turn of events from a government-funded cancer research project at the Arzt Memorial Hospital has led to a mysterious outbreak. You and three of your friends take control of four characters:
* Seasoned police officer
* Increased damage resistance
* Starts with a pistol
* Computer scientist and engineer
* Takes more damage
* Starts with a lockpick
* Bioscience college student
* Regenerates health faster
* Starts with a healing item
* Larger inventory than the others
* Can’t combine healing salves
The game is all about giving you great difficulty, and forcing you adapt and be smart about how you do things. Mainly because you only have one life in this title. Other key features include:
* Friendly play: 4-player online co-op multiplayer featuring voice chat.
* Dark atmosphere: Explore a deserted hospital infested by the undead.
* Brutal difficulty: Your character only has a single life; includes 3 difficulty settings.
* Limited inventory: Decide which items are worthy, and which should be left behind.
* Expansive arsenal: Defend yourself with a multitude of firearms and melee weapons.
* Challenging puzzles: Scour each room to solve puzzles and learn about the outbreak.
* High replay value: Semi-random enemy and item layouts make every playthrough unique.
* Distinct characters: Four playable characters with individual attributes and starting gear.
* Essential equipment: Earn during play or trade (Steam only) with other users.