After moving over two million copies across consoles and PC, Shiro Games’ popular strategy game Northgard has set its sights on conquering the mobile market as well. The title launched on Apple devices today.
In the game, you control a clan of Vikings as they discover a new world in the North and attempt to make it their home. But they’ll be dealing not just with the expected challenges of settling in a new world, but challenges no Viking ever faced in real life…we’re talking zombies, giants, you name it. The mobile version packs in everything that’s already in the main PC/console game, including two of the three expansions that currently exist (Ragnarok and Relics). The third update, Conquest, was not ready for launch.
- Build your settlement on the newly discovered continent of Northgard
- Assign your vikings to various jobs (Farmer, Warrior, Sailor, Loremaster…)
- Manage your resources carefully and survive harsh winters and vicious foes
- Expand and discover new territory with unique strategic opportunities
- Achieve different victory conditions (Conquest, Fame, Lore, Trading…)
- Play against other Clans with different difficulty levels and personalities
- Includes the following major updates: Ragnarok & Relics
Earlier we reported Northgard would be launching on this date for Android as well; however that version of the game has hit a delay. There is some good news, though — the mobile version has NOT been converted into a fee-riddled free download. Pay $8.99 on the App Store and the whole thing is yours. There are some additional DLC packs but they are not essential. (One of these, the Snake DLC, is free until April 20.)