Call of Duty Mobile is heading off to other shores for its April 17 update. This coming Saturday the third season will introduce lots of weapons and armor from medieval Japan, as well as appropriately themed maps to try them out in.
The maps are Oasis from Modern Warfare 3 and Coastal, a new area designed around the Search & Destroy mode. Play around for a while on these maps and you could earn new weapons like the PP19 Bizon – Yokai or the QXR – Scorching Sun, plus fifty tiers of additional rewards that include Samurai-themed characters and weapons.
As far as new multiplayer modes are concerned, watch for an alternate version of Night Mode to be available from April 22 through April 28, and “Swords & Stones,” a mode that only allows melee weapons, from May 6 through May 12.
- New Maps– Two new multiplayer maps make their debut in Call of Duty: Mobile:
- Oasis – First introduced in Modern Warfare 3, Oasis takes place in an upscale desert hotel themed for the season.
- Coastal – A brand-new map designed for Call of Duty: Mobile and created specifically for the Search & Destroy mode.
- New Battle Royale Updates– Season 3 will also see the addition of a new operator skill and BR class.
- Operator Skill – Bull Charge – A riot shield skill that can be earned by reaching Tier 14 in the Season 3 battle pass.
- BR Class – Spotter – The new Battle Royale class will be available later in the season through its own featured event.
- New Multiplayer Modes
o “Night Mode 2.0” – Optimised versions of Night Mode launching for a limited time (April 22- 28)
o “Swords & Stones”– Available for a limited time (May 6-12), this mode goes back to basics allowing only melee weapons in a free-for-all contest.
- The new mode includes airdrops that change to the Shadow Blade skill, Molotov Cocktail Scorestreaks and more.
- Marquee Event – “Warrior’s Path,” a Samurai-themed event begins on April 29 and enables players to join either the Five Knights or the U.A.C. to complete daily tasks and earn rewards in either MP or BR mode. Winner takes all here, with the faction earning the most points at the end of the day taking control of a node on the map.
Call Of Duty Mobile is available now on iOS and Android.