Normally “the game plays itself” is a negative statement, said sneeringly. But in the case of No Plan B, the upcoming tactical strategy game from indie developer GFX47 (Gladiabots), the game playing itself is the whole point. In fact, it’s what you’re hoping will happen.
No Plan B is a strategy game you play room by room, but you never control the characters directly. You assemble your team, lay out their course of action, and then let them loose. If you gave them good directions, they’ll be victorious. Otherwise, you have to watch them flop. They’ll do whatever you say, whether your plan was well thought out or not. Garbage in, garbage out!
- Plan, Preview, Proceed: Use the innovative timeline system and the full-control 3D camera to design and execute a perfect plan.
- Campaign or skirmish: Take on brutal FTL-like campaigns with units and resource management, or short but intense stand-alone missions.
- No-fuss interface and wide-ranging mechanics with deep tactical layers.
- Infinite replayability: Create your own maps and missions using the built-in mission generator, and play new challenges created by the community.
- Hero or villain: Take on different missions with different stakes, rescue hostages or prep for a bank heist (we’re not judging)
No Plan B has no planned release date, but is expected to come out sometime within 2021. You can play a demo today as part of the Steam Game Festival.