A successful Kickstarter project is proceeding towards its next major milestone by heading to Steam Early Access this October. It’s called Nimbatus – The Space Drone Constructor. Unlike many roguelike titles, this game takes a different approach to taking on the galaxy. For example, instead of trying to take it over through peace or force, you’re actually going to have to explore the galaxy using a large variety of drones that you yourself are going to build.
In fact, that’s the whole crux of the game. You run the Nimbatus, the largest drone-making factory in the galaxy, and your goal is to build all sorts of drones to find the far reaches of the galaxy and see what’s out there. You’ll need to use the parts you have or find in order to make more drones, and at times it won’t be easy. Plus, you’ll have to fight off both enemy drones, and other player creations.
- Create your own drones out of countless parts and based on real physics.
- Explore a procedurally generated galaxy with fully destructible planets.
- Complete difficult missions on alien planets.
- Build autonomous drones using sensor and logic parts and let them fight against other players’ creations in the arena.
- Collect a variety of resources and use them to craft powerful weapons.
Here is the Early Access trailer for Nimbatus – The Space Drone Constructor.