Update: EA has already begun taking down the leaked trailer from sites.
It was only revealed in the past few weeks that Star Wars Battlefront II would be releasing this year, though, very little other information about the DICE developed game was given out by EA. Announcing the game for release later this year, EA promised that a trailer would debut at the Star Wars Celebration event on April 15. However, it now appears as if that 30 second trailer has been leaked several days early, giving players an early glimpse at some of the new features in the sequel.
As the video is likely to be removed from YouTube and other sites over the course of the day, we’ve created a brief summary below:
- There appears to now be a singleplayer campaign in addition to the multiplayer offering
- This campaign looks to take place after the events of the original trilogy and before The Force Awakens
- Characters and factions from films other than the original trilogy are involved
- These include the likes of Rey and Kylo Ren from the latest sequel trilogy as well as Darth Maul and Yoda from the much maligned prequel trilogy
- Suggestions that space combat could play a much bigger role in this game, expanding the battles seen in the first game