It’s rare when a game developer is willing to cop to its own mistakes, especially an indie one — but Cosmoscope, creators of last year’s Morphie’s Law for the Switch, admits their initial offering was pretty flawed and frustrating. That’s why they’ve gone back to the drawing board, improved and refined the gameplay, and re-released the title as Morphie’s Law Remorphed. It arrives on Switch at the end of this month, and debuts on PC too.
How Morphie’s Law works: you and your friends play robots that grow and shrink. Hit any other robot in your arena, and you’ll grow, but if one of them hits you, you’ll shrink. The shrinkage can affect each limb individually, so it’s not uncommon to see robots running around with one giant limb and one tiny one. Hit the arena and become the biggest bot of them all!
“We’re extremely happy to be bringing our game to Steam and a newly updated version to the Switch,” says Jonathan of Cosmoscope. “We believe that gamers will love the twist that we’ve added on to shooter combat and the extensive customization options we’ve put in the game.”
– Morphing robots: the Morphies have 8 body parts that grow and shrink individually, and each body part has a direct effect on your actions.
– Plugins for your body: each body part has a unique Plugin to help you change your strategy. Unlock new Plugins to create new strategies.
– Make your own weapons: you can unlock weapon parts and combine them at will to make the perfect weapon for you!
– Unique game modes: mass-based game modes with different goals but with one thing in common: size always matters more than kills!
– Maps with unique features: every map has an unique mass-related feature that’ll make it different from the rest!
– Customize your Morphie: make your Morphie truly unique! You can choose from premade options, make your own custom ones and much more!
Morphie’s Law Remorphed will appear on Switch and the PC via Steam July 30.