Montreal based developers PLAYMIND are proud to announce their award-winning game The Inner Friend will be coming to consoles on April 28th, 2020. Owners of Microsoft’s Xbox One and Sony’s Playstation 4 will be able to experience the critically-acclaimed story of self-discovery and catharsis. The soul-searching experiment gets even better this time around with a new alternate ending, which will also be available as an update to the Steam version.
The Inner Friend originally launched on PC in 2018 and won a series of awards at conventions and independent gaming festivals including Best in Play at GDC Play 2019, Best Experimental Game at TGS 2018, and Best in Show at the Montreal Indie Games Festival 2017.
The story of The Inner Friend takes you on a journey through a fragmented dreamscape, led by a mysterious Shadow. Horrifying monsters stalk The Shadow’s memories; the player must evade and fight them while dealing with obstacles and puzzles in the darkness of The Shadow’s mind.
Watch the new release date reveal trailer for The Inner Friend on consoles below:
“We at PLAYMIND are very excited to be able to share our game with a brand new audience on Xbox One and Playstation 4. While we are very proud of the accolades The Inner Friend has received, we think the best validation of our work comes from our fans that have allowed us to continue to make games. We can’t wait to welcome another wave of enthusiastic players to our community”, says Emmanuel Sevigny, founder and CEO at Playmind.
* IMMERSIVE STORYTELLING : Immerse yourself in a visually-driven narrative with a minimalist interface
* AN EERIE ADVENTURE : Journey through a surreal world inspired by childhood nightmares and psychology
* DIVERSE GAMEPLAY MECHANICS : Overcome obstacles, solve puzzles and defeat nightmarish foes
* RECONNECT WITH YOUR INNER CHILD : Earn the Shadow’s trust to unlock new challenges and pieces of the story
* COLLECT ALL ARTIFACTS : Rebuild the Shadow’s safe haven to save him from his darkest fears
The Inner Friend is currently available on Steam, and will be released on Xbox one and PS4 for $14.99 on April 28,2020. A 10% discount will be offered to all pre-orders on Xbox one starting on April 16 and extended to PS4 users in North America from April 28 until May 4, 2020 with 20% off for Playstation Plus subscribers worldwide.