Iron Saga, the hit mech battle game from Asia, launched in the USA in December. It’s been quiet since, but the game sprung back to life today with a massive update that includes a higher level cap and new PvP arenas.
Let’s discuss the arenas first…there’s the Legendary Arena, which you have ten attempts to enter during each reset period (resets occur at 1200, 1800 and 2400), and the Mecha World Cup, which gives you 15 total attempts but a longer wait time if you use them up (rests occur once per day). Both provide the chance to test your mech piloting skills against others from all over the world.
Iron Saga’s storyline has a new chapter..the Story Mode now extends through Chapter 29. Clear the map in this new chapter and reap crazy rewards that can be used to level up your mechs and pilots. Speaking of mechs and pilots, there are more of those as well: Layla and Machiavelli can be recruited in the Cafe, and mechs Sin III and Carrera can be purchased at the High-End Mecha Market. As for the level cap, it is now set at 65.
Iron Saga boasts a variety of modes including Story Mode, Gaiden and Challenge Mode; each can be played either solo or with friends. Gameplay is real-time combat with an emphasis on strategy. If the mechs look familiar, that’s because they were designed by artists who have worked on various Gundam anime.
- Over 500 mechas and pilots
- Over 100,000 skin and effect combinations to choose from
- Beautifully animated humanoid mechas
- Engaging combat featuring an inertia system
- Actively pilot your mech dodging oncoming attacks and firing freely
- Rewarding friends system – greet friends daily to earn bonus rewards
- Multiple game modes including guessing arena, combat simulation, rocket pack, amazing race, card games, and corps conflict
- World-renown composer, anime director, character designer, and voice actors
Iron Saga is available now for iOS and Android.