Honkai Impact 3rd, an anime-inspired action-RPG freemium game, has just been updated with a new character and a new game mode that tells her story.
The game’s main story is a bit out there, but basically there’s this ship in space called the Hyperion, and armored female warriors called Valkyries parachute down from it whenever there’s trouble, and they battle monsters created by a mysterious power known as Honkai. That is as simple as I can put it. The patch introduces a new Valkyrie, Miko Yae Sakura, as well as two new weapons for her (The Ice Epiphyllum & Sakura Blossom), plus everything listed below:
The new extra story will be introduced through the new open world game mode. It unveils a new world with no boundaries. Players can explore the Open World, unravel Sakura’s untold stories, while collecting valuable materials to further enhance Valkyries.
- Adventure Request: Accept wide variety of quests and earn valuable rewards including Valkyrie fragments!
- Shrine Exchange: Forge and fuse materials collected from adventure tasks to get rare weapons and stigmata, you can also get Yae Sakura’s Soul.
- Gourmet Festival: Captains can collect all sorts of ingredients in the Open World, then cook power-up/recovery dishes. You can use these dishes to recover SP and HP or add buffs to your Valkyries during the Samsara exploration.
- Captains can enter Sakura Samsara after reaching level 16, by going in “Attack” – “Sakura Samsara Open World” under “Extra Story” section.
- Open World Beta game mode weekly reset time: every Monday, Thursday, Saturday at 03:00 ~ 04:00. Please note that Open World game mode will not be available during the reset time.
- After completing the third Samsara, Captains unlock Sakura Samsara’s Extra Story. The story of [Demon in the Box] will be told in the Sakura Samsara Extra Story stages.
All this and more can be found in the latest update to Honkai Impact 3rd, which is downloadable now on iOS and Android.