Hellbound is now out on Steam, from developer Saibot Studios (the reference in that name is intentional). Consider it an intentional throwback to the rough and raw early days of first-person shooters like Doom and Quake.
You play Hellgore, a trash-taking muscle man who finds himself in hell (where else) and aims to bust out the only way he knows how — by annihilating everything in his path! First announced two years ago and funded on Kickstarter, the game has been teased through several demos. Saibot is now wrapping up Hellbound with the help of developers Nimble Giant, who created arena shooter Quantum League.
“After our successful Kickstarter campaign and Survival Mode over two years ago, we’re so excited to finally open up the gates of Hell to fans of old school FPS games and straight-up carnage,” says Tobias Rusjan of Saibot Studios. “We can’t wait to watch the blood drip from Hellgore’s hands as gamers demolish demons to their hearts’ content.”
- FAST-PACED ACTION: Be consumed by the relentless gameplay that rips you through demon dominated levels!
- WEAPON SELECTION: How you slaughter monsters is just as important as doing it. Can someone say Triple Shotgun?
- DEVASTATING POWERS: Pairing those weapons with boosts such as increased damage and speed ratchets up the action another notch!
- MONSTROUS GRAPHICS: Hellbound delivers high-resolution gameplay without sacrificing the nostalgic feeling.
- A CAVALCADE OF DEMONS: Enhancing the gameplay is demonic variety, pushing the player to tackle the game in different ways.
- Kick a**es while listening to the soundtrack composed by the great David Levill, with invited artists Federico Ágreda “Zardonic” and Christian Fernando Perucchi.
- 7 campaign levels, 4 survival arenas, 8 classes of enemies, 5 heavy weapons, 3 power-ups, and tons of secrets to discover!
Hellbound is now on Steam, at a 20% discount for the first week (normal price is $14.99).