News comes via the US PlayStation Blog that Gran Turismo 5’s next software patch will arrive on September 25th, accompanied by three super sexy high-performance cars available to purchase from the PlayStation Store.
Sony Computer Entertainment America’s Associate Product Manager Ken Chan explains that Update 2.08 will make several enhancements to GT5, and correct a number of problems that the community has reported. These are summarised as follows:
- Now possible to select “disable collisions” in the [Event Settings] of online races
- ID’s are now shown above cars when watching online races
- Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted
- Rate of tire wear in endurance races has been slowed (excluding formula cars)
- Amount of air resistance change when altering aerodynamic wing settings has been increased
- Autopilot has been adjusted to prevent colliding with the wall when exiting the pit lane on the Tsukuba circuit
- Adjusted the changes in control characteristic when altering vehicle height from standard height (vehicle height can be changed by adjusting ride height, either by installing a suspension kit or adjusting a full customizable suspension kit)
The three super sexy cars we mentioned earlier are the compact rear-wheel drive Subaru BRZ S ’12, the 3.4 litre V8 Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11, and the signature Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy ’12, winner of the SP8T class in the 2012 Nürburgring 24-hour race. Each of these automotive monsters will cost a meagre $0.99 to download (UK/EU pricing TBC).